Re: Battle Pass Items may return?

by DK9027

Original Post

Battle Pass Items may return?

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I was thinking about buying the season 7 (Premium) Battle Pass and I have a question regarding Battle Passes.

In the Battle Pass FAQ for Season 7 there is this point:

Will the Battle Pass rewards ever return after Season 7?

No. All Ascension cosmetic rewards (excluding Apex Packs and content dropped from them) in the Battle Pass are exclusive to Season 7 and will never be available again. Players in future seasons will be jealous of your OG status.

But when I go to the general BP FAQ there is this point:

Will the Battle Pass rewards for a specific season ever return when that season is over?

All seasonal cosmetic rewards (excluding Apex Packs and content dropped from them) in the Battle Pass are time-limited to the Season. From time to time, some items may come back, but it is up to the discretion of the team.

This are 2 different answers as the first one says “never” and the second says “may come back”.

Can you tell me what is true now? Will the skins, loading screens, music packs, backgrounds, sky dives and else come back someday so I just have to wait and pass the BP or will it really never come back? Did something came back from old batte passes until now? 

Greetings 

Message 1 of 26 (5,602 Views)

Champion
@I_Acey_l I dont think I've seen any come back. I wouldnt count on it.
Message 2 of 26 (5,591 Views)

★★★ Pro
@I_Acey_l The best you'll get is the battle pass and event recolors in season eight.
Message 3 of 26 (5,579 Views)

Champion
@I_Acey_l Like @hayhor said I've never seen any BP content come back sadly. It kinda sucks if you missed anything but they wanna keep it exclusive to whichever season it was. Tho I guess like @DK9027 said it'll enable you to get the recolours if they come up (assuming they won't scam us and try and make us use apex coins instead of otherwise pointless legend tokens).

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 26 (5,572 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@I_Acey_l nope, BP items don't return
Message 5 of 26 (5,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks to you all for your answers.

I think I should get it then.

I already assumed that and I understand the exclusivity of this, I guess less people would buy and level it if it would not be exclusive, thats their strategy..  but why this “may come back from time to time” then in their FAQ? .. do they mean the recolours of skins with their second answer maybe ( as they are also sorta BP items) ? 

Greetings

Message 6 of 26 (5,524 Views)

★ Novice
@I_Acey_l One thing that is really cool about the battle pass is that if you complete it you get enough coins for buying the next one without paying at all
And trust me im not a good player yet im already almost done with the BP when there's like 20+ days till the end of the season
Message 7 of 26 (5,497 Views)

Champion
@I_Acey_l Maybe recolours for in the future but who knows.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 26 (5,486 Views)

@I_Acey_l I do beleive @hayhor is correct. I can't remember where I read it or if it's accurate. but I do believe a dev stated the BP items were the only items that would never be rotated back into the shop. I've yet to see any show up any place outside of the battle pass.

If you want skins for your guns that evolve then you have to get the BP guns. The wingman and flatline skins amazing. Probably two of my favorites.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 26 (5,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DarthValtrex 
oh okay, would be cool to see this post of the dev to get clarity, but yeah it would make sense, only the answer of my first post with the hidden possibility that this items “may” come back confused me.. you mean you didnt see any bp item outside the bp? 

yeah, some of the bp items rock because of that I wanted to be sure if they are only limited to that particular season. 

Message 10 of 26 (5,470 Views)