Re: Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition announced for Nintendo Switch

by stukapooka

Original Post

Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition announced for Nintendo Switch

★★ Pro

Maybe if the game is really successful, they can add crossplay and the remaining stuff like Iceberg Lettuce and Ops improvements?

I don't know how to feel about this though, I think it was always planned but it just took a while to actually make so now it's in this awkward spot.

How do you feel?

Message 1 of 16 (1,497 Views)

★★ Pro

Graphics don't look great, but that's to be expected. I think it'll have decent sales.

Message 2 of 16 (1,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninjaThe game still suffers lack of advertising and the news from popcap on the cancellation is still in effect I doubt they're adding anything in unless its super successful which simply wont happen at this point do to the advertising and competition on switch.

Like you said the awkward situation of the release of the switch version after the almost half a year cancellation of the game leaves it in a bad state with no updates or advertising will most likley resulting in it being a huge meh for new switch players.

Message 3 of 16 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Where is cross-play?! That's all this is missing! Cross-play would be perfect!

Message 4 of 16 (1,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@shurikeninjaI think it's worth it if it runs well. Knowing the Switch is admittingly weak, the footage was either recorded on another platform or they overclocked it. With the lack of cross play & requiring NSO to play doesn't make things better.
On the bright side, the Eshop says you can play a lot of the game offline, motion & touch controls with map zoom, & you can access all prize maps at will. If the performance is good, I think I'll buy it. With the extra features, online, & all the other goodies, this can be a good way to support the developers & those late to the Battle for Neighborville.

Edit: So looking further into it, everything will be purchasable with coins from Rux, it'll run at 30 FPS, the maximum player count is 8 per team, no split screen, & only co-op for Ops & Giddy Park. Still split on this.

Message 5 of 16 (1,411 Views)

★★ Expert
@shurikeninja Knowing me, I will buy it. I'm intriguied by how poorly it runs. Honestly, it just digs the nail into the coffin more. Perhaps those who played the mobile games may be enticed, but once they've seen the quality, they ain't gonna go back to it. I just know that this is still the end for the shooters, regardless that this came to light.
Message 6 of 16 (1,375 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I want it, and I don't. I'd like to support the game by buying it for the switch, but I know it won't help reverse the fact that this game is abandonware and it's a last-ditch effort to make some money on this game. It pains me to say it, but that's the truth. I really am heart broken for this game though and I wish they would reconsider supporting it. I've always wanted a PvZ game on the switch, just not this way..

Message 7 of 16 (1,356 Views)

Champion

Perhaps the game actually was leaked to come to the Nintendo Switch before they decided to stop making content updates to the game. I feel like that was possible, but still hopefully them deciding to give a slightly altered version of the game to the Switch will hopefully boost popularity. I probably will not get as I (still) have not bought a Switch, but hopefully it performs well enough and it benefits the game and its popularity.

Message 8 of 16 (1,350 Views)

★★ Pro
@Fork_x_Spoon Everything purchasable with coins from Rux? Wait, is that how the main version is? I haven't played in a while. Why would they do that, they're just losing money.
Message 9 of 16 (1,346 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@shurikeninja This is exclusive to the "complete" switch edition. All other versions still feature the "premium" currency. While the switch version takes a step in the right direction and removes "micro"transaction, the main versions do the exact opposite. A month or so ago, the started to remove the free weekly rainbow star gift, meaning you can only buy them or get small amounts by playing the weekly event.
Message 10 of 16 (1,329 Views)