Battle Credits & Ammo Crates

by Sludge-Gulper

Original Post

Battle Credits & Ammo Crates

★★ Novice

I admit with new games I am not the fastest starter from the blocks. But really do I have to start the mission from start because the ammo supplied is so sparse a few aliens dead and I am out of ammo. So then mission continues until another horde of uglies turn up. I am now redundant as I have no ammo and the game has to end as you just can't play without ammo. Picking up 1 clip is so 1980's . 

I am still downloading and feel like not continuing tbh. I've done the risk your life for a few rounds more times than Years I have been alive. 2017 is all about OTT(over the top)  and comfort.  Can you up ammo rounds and make more than 1 crate available . Its new and feeling the terrain your going to expend a lot of ammo. Who knows what friendly or foe.? you have seen all the films . They all go in to places like this armed to the teeth not with some starter pistol and a few ammo rounds and change. Mini rant over thank you for listening Angel

Message 1 of 8 (2,043 Views)

Re: Battle Credits & Ammo Crates

★★★ Novice

Are you talking about single-player or multi-player?  For single-player, there are usually ammo crates scattered around any places where a combat is going to take place.  In multiplayer, the maps all have several ammo crates scattered around the arena.  They're usually tucked away in hallways or the outer rooms.  Once you play the maps a few times, you get a feel for where they are.  When in doubt, follow your teammates between rounds.  Chances are they are all running towards a box.

Keep in mind, the boxes have a limited supply so you may not all be able to reload from the same box at once.  However they do refresh between rounds.

Message 2 of 8 (2,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

One thing to note about the single player is that they really do want you to move around a lot.  So while the ammo crates are there, they usually deeper in the fight.  If you're like I was, and like to sit back in cover, you could find yourself running out of ammo quickly! Don't be afraid to get in there and mix it up.

Also, if you're speaking about the very first mission, I know I ran out of ammo right at the start myself, until I got my aim back and didn't waste ammo at the start and like I mentioned a moment ago pressed into the fight more and moved around.

The one thing to note is if you hang out next to it, shoot a few round and reload and accidentally get to close to the ammo box it will refill and use up one of the charges on the box.  You could accidentally be taking up all your ammo when it's not needed.  Make sure you're actually low to almost out of ammo before hitting those boxes again!

Message 3 of 8 (2,026 Views)

★ Guide

always keep an eye out on maps for that stuff. i make it a habit to run back to cleared areas in sp to get ammo topped off before going out again. multiplayer can suck with everyone getting ammo at the same place and emptying it though. just gotta make sure whats around. im playing on normal now. insanity will be an ammo drain im sure.

Message 4 of 8 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone is watching this old post, please help. When I approach a supply crate, nothing happens. No Y tag, as you'd expect. Is there an automatic, silent upload going on?

Message 5 of 8 (1,933 Views)

@Piranesi172288 

Try to repair the game. (in Origin > Game Library > right click MEA > Repair)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 8 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, but in XBox nothing like this is available. I uninstalled, removed all associated files, and reinstalled, but to no avail. Everything else seems to work.

Message 7 of 8 (1,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Piranes, I was having the same issue until I actually fired a few rounds and needed ammo. When I approached the box, it automatically filled my ammo requirements. Same with energy.

Message 8 of 8 (1,845 Views)