Battle Armor Event Discussion

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Re: Battle Armor Event Discussion

★★ Pro
@EA_Kent Might mean we get more loot and no armor, or no armor and less loot. I would definitely prefer one over the other. And It's probably not the second.
Message 21 of 81 (553 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I love the concept of this event, and I hope it causes real changes in the Apex game experience all around. I have said since the beginning that the randomness and variety of armor have been a disaster for the quality and fairness of gameplay. It creates many scenarios where skill is completely negated by RNG and the opponents' sheer luck of finding better armor which gives them the upper hand to win a fight. This is one thing that Call of Duty Warzone got right, everybody has the same armor, so gunfights are won by better skills/tactics instead of better luck.

I would love to see Apex adopt a new strategy of starting everybody off with white armor and completely removing it from the loot table. The armor spawn rates would then be equally distributed across the spawn rates of all the other armors.

Message 22 of 81 (535 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'm looking forward to this, but everyone should also start with a level 1 helmet, backpack and knockdown shield. 

These items should all be removed from the loot pool as well. 

The only gameplay change this will have is you lose the ability to armor swap in the middle of a fight unless you used quickly do it with a death box or dropped armor out of someone's death box. This is skill to do however. 

I am looking forward to the EVO Armor only event to be honest. 

Can't wait to see what happens to the Gold Armor as I truly believe it will be nerfed in Season 5 or have a new ability and found as a rare drop. The rest of the golden items are balanced although I sometimes wish the Self Revive was 6 seconds from 8.

Message 23 of 81 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Event is LIVE right now, starting with white shield...give it a try ! 

Message 24 of 81 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo The skinsuits think they’ll make it out alive... hehehe...

Wait, why’s it in world’s edge Frown
Message 25 of 81 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Koochi-Q You didn't read the patch note ?  Only in WE because they don't to experiement this on rank (KC).

Message 26 of 81 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo It's a sniper fest. And hammer point is god tier.
Message 27 of 81 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

Idea is great. Kills the RNG side of game - someone gets a shield + a gun yet you loot 5x cells. 

My opinion is that it should be just an modified version of EVO shield. Everyone starts with that. Raise the cap of damage needed to upgrade it, example 100 - 125 for the first upgrade.

It would be reward system for people who fight and don't camp till 3-4 teams are left. Of course all others shield should spawn and you can swap or you can play with your own starting shield. If you have skill and you fight you can get sure path of upgraded shield. 

Maybe something along the lines can be added that if you swap starting shield it would be reset to rank 0 again or when you swap it it lowers by -1 rank and again you have to do damage to raise it up back so it is not permanent if you do 2 good fights at start of game and you walk around with red EVO shield. 

Message 28 of 81 (428 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Enjoying the mode. If you drop in a spot with hammer points, you're unstoppable on the drop, which is fun.  If they made white shields and p2020 on drop permanent, they might need to make hammerpoint harder to obtain or get rid of it and make p2020 a trash drop weapon that you need to get rid of as soon as you can.

Message 29 of 81 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asukojo Unfortunately did not, but makes sense.

Well I played 4/5 matches. 3 matches absolute bogus teammates XD.

4th match... hmmm still at least 1 stupid teammate and one... that randomly disconnected. Which left me to 1v3 the last squad... downed 1, injured another but they 2v1 focus fired me in second to last ring so no running or hiding.

Other match my aim was... nonexistent. I got with 1 actual 20 bomber who you could see was good and 1 teammate that shot anything that moved but never hit anything and constantly died... I just left. I felt disgraced at myself... guess thats what happens when you dont play a game anymore and forget how to stabilize recoil...

Other than that, first 20 secs are awesome. Only thing you hear are p2020 shots. I was amazed that not more ppl fought with hammerpoints. Well I guess starting tomorrow ppl will realize that thats the only gun you’ll need and yt vids will be titled ‘p2020 + hammerpoint god tier in this LTM’
Message 30 of 81 (384 Views)