Re: Battle Armor Event Discussion

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Battle Armor Event Discussion

Community Manager

Greetings, Legends!

A new event for Apex Legends is on the horizon. The Battle Armor event will begin on Tuesday, the 28th of April. 

For more info on what's coming with this event check out the announcement thread over at the News & Game Updates board: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Battle-Armor-Event-overview/m-p/9008439#M70

Let us know what you think!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 1 of 81 (2,187 Views)

Champion

It's an interesting beta test. Tongue out

I can see the merit of a white or evo shield start, blue and purple is a little excessive in my book.

The idea of starting with a p20 is great though, I'd rather put faith in my aim than my ability to punch in a FPS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 81 (2,164 Views)

★★ Pro
The only shield type you can wear, is the type you start off with.

Krabier time in white armor phase.
Message 3 of 81 (2,070 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Kent Kinda sad there isn't a gold amour period, that would have been hectic.
Message 4 of 81 (2,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

I really like the idea of ability to defend yourself from the get go. I feel like this will speed up the game and make it more action and combat oriented from the get go.

Should be fun!

Message 5 of 81 (2,047 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Kent can't wait to see griefers with snipers and shooting purple & red on every enemy so early.
Message 6 of 81 (2,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_KentBut the question remains... will this mode allow for badge/stats improvement?

If so... easier high skill badge gettance (yes I verbed it :P). If not, I’m out.

PS: a while back I made a thread with the idea to let the public know if an LTM works towards getting badges and counting stats. Did you guys look into it? I think it’s a good idea myself

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/LTM-description/m-p/8831737#M73174 <— this one (you getting mentioned here as well @EA_David & @Zeelmaekers 

Message 7 of 81 (1,986 Views)

★ Guide

I'm simple man I see new event I press like 👍

Message 8 of 81 (1,963 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Just a quick question, i noticed how it said nothing about cosmetics, is that true? Are there no cosmetics to be earned in this glorious gamemode?!?!
Message 9 of 81 (1,911 Views)

I'm stocked about this!

This whole event was suggested by players. Really happy to see that we can try it out.

I'm not sure about blue and purple armor, but it is definitely going to be interesting landing with some high tier loot.

Now we only need to find a hammerpoint on hot-drop and there you have a recipe for a killstreak

Message 10 of 81 (1,830 Views)