Re: Battelfield for newbies

EA DICE Team
Welcome! @Rhymst

/Atic
Message 11 of 24 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Rhymst Welcome to the community 😃 Don't worry about being new, we all started somewhere, and so long as you're enjoying the series that's what matters.

Can't help with PC specs as I play on console, but BF4 would definitely be worth a look since it's probably going to be 'closer' to BF2042 than BF1 or BFV.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 12 of 24 (392 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Rhymst wrote:

Sorry I'm a newbie! I usually don't play games (like never) but my friend talks a lot about the new upcoming Battlefield game so I tried Battlefield V this weekend and I love the big battles Standard smile So my question is: My PC have Ryzen 5 3600, DDR4 SDRAM, RTX 2060, 1x16 GB is this a good setup for Battlefield 2042 or do I need to upgrade? It works fine on Battlefield V but I don't know anything about computers and I really want the game to run on my PC. And also for a newbie like me which Battlefield game should I play for practice? I really want to dive in to Battlefield 2042 on release it looks amazing Standard smile

Welcome to the group

Message 13 of 24 (379 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not an expert on the Ryzen platform, but at least on Intel's side it's better to have more than one RAM stick, so your cpu can use the memory in dual channel configuration.

Message 14 of 24 (358 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Rhymst Welcome! See you on the Battlefield🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 15 of 24 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RhymstCould be Windows firewall or third party antivirus not playing nice with Punkbuster. See if the solution here is of help:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-punk-buster-keeps-kicking-me/td-p/1803533

Message 16 of 24 (328 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Rhymst Word of advice. You may want to take a couple days of work, get yourself a "level 100 bucket", and have a stocked mini fridge within reach once you connect successfully. The whole BF experience will keep you glued to your screen, you have so much to see, to do, I'm following this because I kind of envy being new to BF.
Message 17 of 24 (310 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Rhymst welcome dude! Standard smile
Message 18 of 24 (300 Views)

★ Guide
@Rhymst Hey Welcome to battlefield! i being a veteran since BF3 and i jump from PC to Console. The reason? it was much cheaper to play than a full built PC. Sure i lost few pros what the PC specs offer but with the new consoles ill say the experience wouldn't be bad at all.
Message 19 of 24 (295 Views)

Hero
@Rhymst What's the exact message you get when you're kicked?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 20 of 24 (277 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help