Re: Basic questions that need to be asked

by KelRiever

Original Post

Basic questions that need to be asked

★★★★★ Novice

I have been playing Apex Legends since it came out and I love the game. I have had no issue with buying in-game content because I love playing this game and don't mind supporting a game that I play a lot. But I can't help but notice that the only thing that is pushed on players and supported is LGBTQ+ content. This game is rated "T for Teen" despite the fact that it is very highly sexualized with each of the legends, it promotes players being toxic towards each other with the in-game quips, emotes, holo sprays, etc. and is very violent overall. What is the point of all that content being pushed on younger players? There is no support for our veterans/active troops, our police officers, our fire fighters, or even simply supporting this great and wonderful country of ours! There is no support on Father's day or Mother's day, or even really any of the other holidays and yet, for the entire month of June, every time a person logs in to Apex they get to see all this LGBTQ+ content. It seems like for a company that is all about inclusiveness, you exclude a vast majority of people. I would think Respawn would be focused on fixing the problems with all the servers and in-game bugs that make the game unplayable rather than pushing their life style and life choices on others.

Message 1 of 21 (572 Views)

Champion

Taunting in-game is playful, as friends would do with each other.

Companies usually take part of LGBTQ+ related events as it's celebrated globally.

Events related to veterans, police officers and so forth can be related to a single country, whilst raising awareness does help, it's not going to reach many players throughout the world.

Pushing support for LGBTQ+ is pretty important since it's pretty much still in it's early stage, whereas other holidays have been around for a while.

Now some games do events for certain holidays, though it's possible that this just doesn't fit Apex's business strategy as updates just get pushed here and there.

Technically the content 16 year olds were recommended would be more years ago than it would be now.

I mean to you can enlist to the army at 17, I don't think that single year would matter much if we were to include said violence.

These ratings are pretty much set up so people don't get influenced by content, as far I know, 16 years old don't just take over the behaviour of games.

Message 2 of 21 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What is the purpose of all this being pushed on younger people/people in general? If it's a world view, for example, celebrating holidays, since Apex is available to play in many countries, than that seems to be even more exclusive and biased. There is no one specific age being pointed out here, at least by me. Kids of very young ages, including some under the age of 10 play this game. Obviously, there are a lot of adults who do too. There is no denying there is toxic behaviour in this game even with all the in-game content features not being in the picture. That's just the nature of playing these types games.There most definitely is an appeal to this game that young people catch on to.The LGBTQ topic was simply one example. There are,  for example, badges in-game such as "Stop Asian Hate" and "Black Lives Matter" and an LGBTQ flag. This is incredibly political, specifically American politics, for a battle royale video game, and the narrative is very much so one sided. What is the point of these obvious political narratives in a video game?

Message 3 of 21 (534 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Oh no not this again. Lastly, the guy making the badge is obviously not the same guy fixing the servers.

Message 4 of 21 (525 Views)

★★★ Expert

Most Fathers don’t have to argue for basic human rights, most LGBTQ+ people still do. So you’re making a super false equivalency, OP

Message 5 of 21 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Completely false statement. Also, I seem to notice everyone is completely avoiding my simple questions. Why is it so important to push political narratives and individual life styles and choices on players of a video game rather than say fix issues and bugs in the game and the servers? There are so many different issues going on and bugs that make the game just not even worth playing, nevertheless, I can have politic narratives, social issues, and peoples life styles put in my face with no interference? Just to reiterate, I love the game (when it's playable and not bugged) but I don't like being essentially forced to see the politics and other peoples life choices that, for whatever reason, seem to be the priority of this game. This is a video game. How is there not enough divisiveness and political correctness garbage in the world? Can't that stuff be left out of video games and people just have fun playing a battle royale?

Message 6 of 21 (496 Views)

@Reaper-of-Me Honestly, I think any game that has you shooting other Human looking avatars should be Rated M for Mature Audiences Full Stop.

But that would never happen because Companies like EA want a wider audience, to make the most amount of money possible.
Message 7 of 21 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Reaper-of-MeIt is a waste of time to try to make a point on that subject. I mean look at KelRiever saying that they dont have basic human rights. Homeless and poor people in 3rd world countries doesnt have basic Human rights but i dont see them pushing for a change in that regard. Hypocrites everywhere.

And in regards of Companies pushing this, well they seem to be too dependant on social media. 

Message 8 of 21 (457 Views)

@Reaper-of-Me 

Who is pushing/forcing this content that you speak of on you?

This is a free to play game that you have Chosen to play, the choice is all yours, if you do not like the content etc you can always choose not to play, you are not being forced to play.

I agree that there are a lot of bugs and such that need to be addressed.

Here at the Forum we try to look at the game and the gaming environment as a whole and how it can be made better for the whole gaming community, not one individual, country etc. We also prefer to stay away from political topics/agendas as they are separate issues that are to each their own. If EA decides to add things to the game that they feel are important, does not matter what they add, that is their choice and our choice is whether we as individuals decide to continue playing this game or not.

Once again we are not being forced to play this game by EA, that choice is solely ours and the content EA provides is solely up to them.  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 9 of 21 (429 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Reaper-of-Me Eh you're kind of right though your complaint about bugs is misplaced in your own topic. Nothing wrong with promoting LGBTQ+ or "Stop Asian Hate" even if the second one is a more region specific message. They could have (assuming they didn't) celebrated Mother's and Father's Day as well.

The BLM badge would obviously be viewed as more controversial as well as anything supporting the police or armed forces. 

That said who cares? Any time I see these messages I assume its a company trying to ride the wave of whatever social movement is occuring at the moment to look progressive. Unless they're pushing something controversial I can't see a reason to care.

Message 10 of 21 (408 Views)