Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Barrel roll and combat jumping

by Ninox7954

Original Post

Re: Learn to move

★★★ Apprentice

Actually, I have issues with titans. A blip of server lag and everything you just avoided hits you anyways, causing overheat. Getting hit after successfully jumping over a flame wave sucks, and causes overheat. Using your air dash correctly only to get hit by the dodged fireball is another issue, causing...you guessed it...overheat. And the final is that the environment stops almost nothing from titans. The homing fireballs SOMETIMES get stopped, but I've seen them pass straight through cliffs and buildings as well, so hope your coin flip works a lot more than mine. All of these things cause instant overheat, negating most movement and your dash, as well as stunning you for up to several seconds, especially if you were in the air.

Overheat lasts way too long, and removes my ability to dash, stopping me from dodging the next homing shot, causing a reset of overheat. It becomes a rather nasty spiral against the ancient types, and sometimes you literally can't do anything about it. My favorite was when all the titan attacks were invisible to me. They still hit just fine, but literally weren't showing on my screen. So fun to dodge invisible attacks...

Message 11 of 27 (230 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info dood. I did not know barrel-rolling was that useful and will def put it to good use. Your approach could use a little work though. I have found it a lot easier to "teach" people things without starting out by giving them *.

Message 12 of 27 (219 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey OP , 

Don't listen to the haters. This is good info and I thank you very much.. Not moving has had me waste more ammo than I care to let people know.. I have been sitting on the back of the strider firing off my weapons toward the quest direction and have been getting no kills..Large smile

Message 13 of 27 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Flexing on people or ‘scrubs’ as you call them in gm1 who are still learning the game lol you’re cool bro! Go play gm2/3 and show off your amazing skillz with people who have also learnt the basics...

Message 14 of 27 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My interceptor's feet hardly touch the ground during fight. It has to jump/move/fly constantly. Actually I can't even imagine any other play styles for an interceptor otherwise it is dead within seconds. I can't really talk about other javelins, I have much less experience with them.

Message 15 of 27 (200 Views)

★ Guide
@Dbgt82 Hmm I have no trouble with titans like.. at all. I don't remember the last time I got downed to one. Dodging the flame balls works for me 90% of the time the other 10% usually seems like there was a wall or collision surface behind me and it exploded and got me with that. Never had a problem using terrain to block them, definitely never had them go through walls.

I don't have issues with lag but I'm on xbox which from what I've read seems to have the best servers or runs it the best, idk just seems people don't have lag issues on xbox as much. So yeah server performance, especially for PC is still something that needs work.

I've never had an issue with how long over heat takes, I mean it's something you're supposed to avoid especially when your just flying. I get the frustration of the combination of over heating plus lag with fire enemies but that's a lag issue not a mechanic issue.

Over heat does not stop you from dodging, I'm testing it in game right now. Only flying. I have had the invisible attacks once or twice, that sucks.

It sounds like your only problem is with bugs/lag if the mechanics worked the way they should for you, you probably wouldn't mind them as much. Unfortunately there's not much I can say about that :P It sucks and I hope they improve it more.
Message 16 of 27 (199 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also, and I cannot stress this enough people ..shoot your guns!😋

Message 17 of 27 (188 Views)

★ Guide
@Evok50 Agreed I came off a little rude, not the best idea. I have a tendency to do that, I come to the forums frustrated, when I should be taking a minute to calm down a bit before posting Tongue out

@lengy19 the scrubs comment was meant playfully not in a rude way, I haven't tried GM2/3, I'm grinding through the weapon and gear challenges first so that was fair, I am probably over geared compared to most people playing GM1, still I'm seeing way too many people not moving around in combat.

@Darconos I started with the interceptor but I've been maining the ranger for a while. The Colossus is the one obvious exception in this case as he has no dodge lol, I don't know what to tell colossus mains, though they seem to do alright most of the time.
Message 18 of 27 (186 Views)

For any who don't know, Barrel roll is done by hitting a movement arrow/stick to the side while flying and the dodge button at the same time....much the same way you dodge sideways in ground movement.

I usually play Colossus, and my secondary is Storm.  The first has no dodge or barrel roll....but the shield does it for me.  Titans are easy usually with all those pesky attacks being tanked by the shield and or dodged behind cover. 

When I play Storm, I try to use dodge, move barrel roll, and such and do an ok job, but it takes a few minutes to remove the Colossus mind and fully implement the Storm playstyle....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 27 (182 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Ninox7954 wrote:
Did you even read? The only reason I'm writing this is because LITERALLY NO ONE EVER DOES IT.

Wrong. The small group of players you’ve encountered hardly counts as everyone. This is stuff I figured out back in the demo. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you aren’t unique.

Message 20 of 27 (167 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help