Bans

by MeibelBagel

Original Post

Bans

★★ Novice

Hey I have a few question, not sure if this is the right section but here goes anyway.

Can a player be permanently banned for "cheating" over multiple (false) reports even if they've not used any cheats. And if so, can this ban be revoked if no evidence of wrong doing is found or will the account still remain perma banned with no explanation/proof?

If you team up with a cheater (without knowing they were using cheats), can you be permanently banned and remain banned even after an appeal? 

Also, why do we not receive clear response on the reason for a ban, just simply "cheating". 

Trying to clear out some fog and need answers, because I feel like unfair action has been taken from the situation that has puzzled me.

Message 1 of 8 (408 Views)

Re: Bans

★★★ Expert

I do agree some clarifications should be given. Especially with the whole situation of getting banned cause a cheater was in your squad.

Thankfully i'm a console peasant so I don't have to worry about this, but if I was on PC i'd be worried about getting paired with a cheater.

All the more reason to add solo's back in Standard smile (yes i'm going to make literally every conversation revolve around the merits of solo mode) 

Message 2 of 8 (345 Views)

★★ Novice
@Wingmannedbro So that's actually a thing? And I'm just assuming there is no escape from that then, which is extremely sad.
I know they probably need to keep quiet over of actions taken upon other accounts but they shouldn't claim for you to be a cheater when you've done nothing.

Now is the question, do they ban you for being in a party with them from the get go, or even if you're just playing alone and get one randomly in your party for the game. Because if it's the later that's truly worrisome, is it even safe to play alone in that case?
Message 3 of 8 (312 Views)

★★★ Expert

I'd assume they would only bann if you're friends with the person and been playing a lot for an extended time, or have some incriminating chat messages on record.

Either way, I doubt they won't be cautious about acting on a false positive, and likely won't bann in any case of reasonable doubt.

Don't think they'll ever really disclose anything tho, since as you mentioned it would help the real-money boosting scene in ranked.

Message 4 of 8 (301 Views)

★★ Pro
@MeibelBagel I've played a cheater once, he hid his level so i didn't know he was a cheater.

He played really good so i invited him and we played for like 5 games and won 3 of em easily, he carried me (obviously). I was kinda suspicious at the time, but i thought he's just really good.

And the next day i saw him online and invited him again, and then i lol'd so hard when he sent me a chat that says "What? What is this?! there is something wrong with my account!" and then boom.. vanished. Not even in my friend list anymore.

And then i realized that he was truly cheating.

Thankfully my account is still running. As long as you have no intention to team-up with cheaters, i think you should be just fine.
Message 5 of 8 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm... so if that's the case this is either handeled differently according to who's assigned to the task or then this is not the answer I'm seeking for.

Does the support team even deal with every case personally or do they assign bots to auto respond to emails? Heard their emails can be like from the same cookie cutter. 

Message 6 of 8 (260 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bosourd one of reason no invite every random you see.
Message 7 of 8 (223 Views)

★★ Expert

@bosourd 

"once"

lol...dude... you're funny

Heart

Message 8 of 8 (213 Views)