Re: Bans and Suspensions

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bans and Suspensions

★★★★ Novice

Why all of a sudden are multiple people being banned or suspended for a week/ longer, for absolutely no reason at all? I’m being suspended or banned for a week with no notice no warning for my avatar being offensive?!? How can That even be possible for a avatar to be offensive? Aren’t all avatar items created from EA or Xbox what have you? First off I haven’t played any EA games in months almost a year. Secondly I don’t ever recall creating an EA avatar and if I did it had to of been over 8 years ago and now all of a sudden it’s offensive really come on. EA please explain to me how exactly my avatar was offensive. If you all created the avatars to begin with how is it offensive. You all at EA need to remember we the people who buy and purchase your games add one whatever it maybe make you all your money banning us for absolutely no reason will make people like me think twice about spending our hard earned money on your future items. You gave no warnings no exact explanation for the bannings or suspensions and no opportunity to correct the mater in the first place. Congratulations on becoming part of the cancer culture that we all want to get away from by playing games with our friends, family, and fellow gamers alike. As a disabled Combat Veteran of the UNITED STATES MARINES CORPS I want to thank you for taking advantage of the freedoms that my fellow Marines and I myself gave to you which you take for granted. You all won’t even give any of us a chance to fight the reasons for the bans/suspensions I’m banned for a week yet my repel will take 2 weeks and no way of contacting anyone from support.

Message 1 of 5 (3,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @CPLusmcO311 

Edit: Looks like you’ve created 2 posts on this.

I’m sorry you got a ban for that but unfortunately we can’t do anything to help on these forums as we have no access to account info etc.

Whilst you can’t change to custom avatars on here, you can change them on help.ea.com and also specific games, so any EA game on any device linked to your account could have caused a ban.

Even if you haven’t changed an avatar for years you have to remember terms and conditions change often and agreeing to them can affect many things.

That being said it could just be a mistake for which you would need to contact the ToS team to dispute your ban etc

More details can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/electronic-arts-account-suspension-policy/

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,984 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hi @CPLusmcO311 

Edit: Looks like you’ve created 2 posts on this.

I’m sorry you got a ban for that but unfortunately we can’t do anything to help on these forums as we have no access to account info etc.

Whilst you can’t change to custom avatars on here, you can change them on help.ea.com and also specific games, so any EA game on any device linked to your account could have caused a ban.

Even if you haven’t changed an avatar for years you have to remember terms and conditions change often and agreeing to them can affect many things.

That being said it could just be a mistake for which you would need to contact the ToS team to dispute your ban etc

More details can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/account/electronic-arts-account-suspension-policy/

Message 2 of 5 (2,985 Views)

★★ Novice

Dont bother, its just auto reply bots in the other end...

Message 3 of 5 (2,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA can’t make up their mind. 1st it was do to my avatar being offensive now then they said it was because hate speech smdh bunch of lies. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,520 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @CPLusmcO311, if our TOS team denied your appeal then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (2,491 Views)