Banned?!?

by A_LEGO_Legend

Original Post

Banned?!?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Seriously… I got a 7 day ban for typing ret*rd!?! I regularly play with randoms that curse more than anybody I’ve ever heard before (I work with truck drivers). I also regular get paired with players that use the “N” word hundreds of times in a game, including multiple times directed at me… a ban is entirely ridiculous in the first place, but a 7 day ban! Is EA really trying to drive players away?!?

Message 1 of 14 (460 Views)

Re: Banned?!?

★★★ Apprentice

Don’t worry though, you can appeal your 7 day ban in a timely process… email and we will respond in 30 days or more!

I like how “hate speech” isn’t actually defined anywhere, so they can essentially ban you for whatever they deem fit, with no input from you until it’s too late to do anything about it… had I said what I said over a mic and not typed it, I wouldn’t be banned… because I can assure you the person I was responding to was saying thing 100x worse than that, but his was said over a mic! Is this seriously where our snowflake society has come to?!?

Message 2 of 14 (444 Views)

Champion
@A_LEGO_Legend 7 days isn't really that long. Just ask the people from "The Ring" movies haha. But seriously, are you actually surprised that you got a temp ban for that? I mean, c'mon lol... And regarding the people you mentioned that drop racist speech and whatnot, if they are reported by yourself or others (hopefully you report people like that), they likely will or have been banned for it. Some people never learn, and just keep making new accounts. Some people learn from it, and don't end up getting banned again. Be the latter. Nobody likes the former

Just be sure to learn from this, and don't stoop to that level. I talk mad crap to my apartment walls, about my video games. Might seem weird, but I've never been banned from any game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 3 of 14 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

7 days! That’s nowhere near reasonable… I 💯 doubt anybody gets banned for talk on a mic, but put it in the chat and you’ll get banned if reported… that ban takes me out of the current event and extended rank split after I dealt with apex’s server and connectivity issues. A 7 day ban for a first offence is not reasonable at all and could easily have even been a typo or an autocorrect… but I was banned before I could even respond… that’s beyond ridiculous, I wouldn’t even expect people to be banned for 7 days for extreme racial slurs… nowhere does it lay out the punishment for offences or as I mentioned early, what even constitutes hate speech… I find it absolutely absurd what is actually happening!

Message 4 of 14 (425 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not to mention that this is apparently a “serious violation” and I am at high risk for a permanent account ban… WHAT A JOKE! 

Message 5 of 14 (417 Views)

@A_LEGO_Legend IDK, maybe stop calling people the “R” word…

Problem Solved.
Message 6 of 14 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It may be slightly offensive, but it is 100% not hate speech. PERIOD… did they listen to the audio to hear what was said to me before I typed that? Do they have anywhere in their material or terms of service an actual definition of “hate speech” or examples of what speech isn’t allowed? “The R word”… you people are freakin hilarious

Message 7 of 14 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Could easily have been a typo or autocorrect . .  nice one.  I somehow think that after your 7 day ban they will slap you with a permanent one sooner or later.  From reading the forums you only get the one chance it seems so maybe try . .  being a nicer or more tolerant person in future?

Message 8 of 14 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@A_LEGO_Legend Won't be surprised if you get another suspension/ban. Just don't talk to anyone to avoid getting another ban. If a teammate is being annoying, just quit that match and move on.
Message 9 of 14 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@PiabeticSaying something in frustration does not make me an intolerant person or not a nice person… whether I was right or wrong to say what I said, it is 💯 not hate speech period… look up the definition of hate speech… a 7 day ban for a first offence on a word that was commonly used to say someone or something was uncool in the era I grew up, that’s absolutely ridiculous. The amount of money I have spent on Apex has clearly been a massive mistake, and banning someone for 7 days and threatening a permanent ban for using the R word is so far overboard it can only be described as unbelievable!

Message 10 of 14 (343 Views)