Banned off apex for 7 days for useing my right of freedom of speech and yet you

by killlthem666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned off apex for 7 days for useing my right of freedom of speech and yet you

★★★ Newbie

banned off of apex for freedom of speech but yet you guys don’t ban actually hackers on there that is some bull crap I have played apex Sence it’s been out and not once have I ever gotten a report back saying a hacker has been banned that I have reported I am a black. Male so un ban me please and do your actual job of removeing cheaters from your game thank you have a great day 

Message 1 of 15 (583 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned off apex for 7 days for useing my right of freedom of speech and yet

You all understand freedom's come with responsibility, including freedom of speech. Just because you can say whatever you want does not mean it does not have consequences. EA might be a little overboard concerning their filters but it is what it is. Using insulting language at a police officer etc. will land you in trouble irrespective of your freedoms. It is the user of that speech that has the responsibility to act accordingly, if you are at somebody's house they might not invite you back if you do not act accordingly and that is their right, the same goes for when you agree to EA's TOS. 

We all get frustrated from time to time but just because you can say a thing does not make it allowable in certain situations.

Take the high road laugh it off and do not be insulting to others if you do not want the ban-hammer to come down on you, after all it is just a game and we all want to enjoy it.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one".

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (509 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@killlthem666 Freedom of speech.

Let me guess, you called someone or multiple people a *putWordFilteredByProfanityfilterHere* ?

And specific skincolors protect you from being banned ? ... Always thought all people are equal.
Message 2 of 15 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ApyhsYou know that people get actually banned for just cursing?

Recently someone showed a mail here of EA with him getting banned for a week for saying something like:
Can you come and F. help?
So i would consider that freedom of speech tbh

Message 3 of 15 (548 Views)

★ Guide
@RevMainPls Than be carefull not to get banned, too. If you swear as well. 🤷‍♂️
Message 4 of 15 (542 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Apyhs Just doing it in voice and beeing safe Standard smile
Message 5 of 15 (538 Views)

★★★ Pro

l love how people have no idea what "freedom of speech" means.  

It basically means you can say what you like, without government interference (bar laws vs hate speech, etc), but it does not remove any consequence for said speech.  If you say something stupid or against someones TOCs then, as a private entity, they can ban you all they like.

- DR

Message 6 of 15 (525 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RockDokRock
Yea sadly Governments do not stop companys like EA from silencing people
Message 7 of 15 (519 Views)

You all understand freedom's come with responsibility, including freedom of speech. Just because you can say whatever you want does not mean it does not have consequences. EA might be a little overboard concerning their filters but it is what it is. Using insulting language at a police officer etc. will land you in trouble irrespective of your freedoms. It is the user of that speech that has the responsibility to act accordingly, if you are at somebody's house they might not invite you back if you do not act accordingly and that is their right, the same goes for when you agree to EA's TOS. 

We all get frustrated from time to time but just because you can say a thing does not make it allowable in certain situations.

Take the high road laugh it off and do not be insulting to others if you do not want the ban-hammer to come down on you, after all it is just a game and we all want to enjoy it.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one".

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 8 of 15 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@RevMainPlsOf course not, as people tend to vote for politicians who receive big donos from corporations, i.e. less corporate regulation, less consumer protection, etc..

Message 9 of 15 (487 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Asmodeus566 well said, I wish if I can give you more than one XP but unfortunately, I can not
so, here is your cookie Standard smile
Message 10 of 15 (486 Views)