Re: Banned from EA Answers HQ?: "You're not allowed to access this site&quo

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned from EA Answers HQ?: "You're not allowed to access this site"?

★ Guide

Hello to whomever may be reading this.

I tried to access EA Answers HQ this morning to file a post regarding feedback about a connectivity issue I encountered whilst playing Apex Legends.

However when the site loaded up I was greeted with the following statements;

Either

"Unexpected Error Occured"

or

"You're not allowed to access this site" (Screenshot attached for reference)

The page then begin to auto refresh on a loop. I could not click off the page, nor could I attempt to sign in.

When attempting to sign in, following the "Think this is a mistake?" prompt, it proves impossible as the page simply continues to refresh without letting me sign in.

In order to post this very question I have had to make a new account.

After a few moments searching on google, I came across a post made by another individual experiencing a similar issue and EA had responded that if there was a reason as to why they were banned or received an infraction on their account, they would have received an email stating why.

However I have received no such email.

There is also the matter of me not having posted anything to the forum for maybe a month or so and I certainly do not recall posting anything that violates EA's terms and conditions of the site, as I have only ever used the forums here to report issues I have experienced in some of the games I've played in the hopes to see them noticed or fixed.

Can anyone tell me why such a thing is happening?

If my account has indeed been denied access to EA Answers HQ, for whatever reason, is it possible to dispute the issue?

If it can be disputed, who should I try to contact in order to look into this issue?

Furthermore if my account has been banned, is it possible to recover it?

Any help or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

regard, dtOddity92

Message 1 of 8 (662 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@dtOddity92 

You have not been banned or suspended from AHQ.

There are two possibilities, either a short term glitch in the matrix - the post will be visible at a later time

...or the post you are trying to view has been removed and will not become visible to you.

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (646 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@dtOddity92 

You have not been banned or suspended from AHQ.

There are two possibilities, either a short term glitch in the matrix - the post will be visible at a later time

...or the post you are trying to view has been removed and will not become visible to you.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @dtOddity92 

Indeed in case of ban you are warned by an email and ban time is displayed instead of the forum.

Have you try to reconnect on other language forum or on your Origin or EA account? 

If we have answer to your question please accept solution, if you like a post please granted xp Standard smile.

Message 3 of 8 (645 Views)

Re: Banned from EA Answers HQ?: "You're not allowed to access this site&amp

★ Guide

Thank you for your response.

However after reading what you have described, I can only disagree.

Both possibilities you have stated seem only to regard the matter of trying to view a post.

There is no specific post I am trying to access, only the website itself. 

When attempting to get into any forum, by going to answers.ea.com, I am met with the problem I have described.

I have tried logging out and back in through EA.com, however the problem persists.

Only this newly made account I am using here works for me.

So I pose the question again, who should I seek to contact regarding looking into this matter further?

Message 4 of 8 (591 Views)

Re: Banned from EA Answers HQ?: "You're not allowed to access this site&

★ Guide
@Moskolonel Thank you for contributing your knowledge on this subject. I have explored all possible routes of tackling this issues I can think of.
I specifically log out of EA.com to try and sign back in (which works), however when I head over to answers.ea.com, the problem I described continues.

However I only encounter the issue with my main account. This one I am using now, evidently isn't an issue.
Granted I could continue using this alternative account, however I would prefer if I could restore my original account to some semblance of functionality.
Message 5 of 8 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @dtOddity92 

Try to challenge the ban and explain you not receive message about why your ban, if you are not ban they will say you and if it's you will have an answer for why.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

If we have answer to your question please accept solution, if you like a post please granted xp Standard smile.

Message 6 of 8 (564 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a same problem with my other account Jaskaman, I havent been able to access these forums for last 2 years, I can use this account normally without any issues. 

Same errors: 

"You're not allowed to access this site" 

Who could fix this? I have tried to contact EA support but they said I have to contact creditor of these forums?

Message 7 of 8 (488 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jaskaman can you try logging in with your old account now and let me know what happens. I've worked a little magic on our end so you should be able to log in without issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (480 Views)