Re: Banned for what?

by 449658cc

Original Post

Banned for what?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Banned due to FIFA. So I got an email about a week ago saying my account has been banned for 7 days and then another following just saying ive been banned due to exploiting on fifa. So the thing is, I dont own fifa and I play shooters. First thing I thought was "oh * ive been hacked?!?!" but ive been playing on my account just fine up until that point and I still can access it. I put a dispute up and it somehow got denied but im super confused on how it was denied. I need further discussion on this since im straight livid right now. My account has two heirlooms on apex and hundreds of dollars worth of skins, you guys are actually literally robbing me, straight up robbing me for no reason....i dont get this. How am i being banned for a game ive never played? Why am I getting no explanation or discussion about it? Why am i being perma banned and not a 7 day ban so i dont lose my account? Nothing is making sense....literally nothing. If i was hacked and my password wasnt changed, wouldnt it show where it was logging in from? LITERALLY NOTHING IS ADDING UP 

Message 1 of 4 (283 Views)

Community Manager

@449658cc 

We cannot assist with bans directly here on AHQ.

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm glad I'm not the only one facing the same problem with this, I got my account banned in February but forgot until now when I went to play The Sims 4. I have searched through my email and can't find the one EA sent me when they banned me, and mine was about FIFA too (from what I can remember) and something to do with FUT coins or something Shocked when I don't even play or like Fifa! The only game I play is The Sims and I'm gutted this ban has happened cos I've broken my arm and I'm bored and I just wanted to play a game to make me happy Frown Have they lifted yours yet?

I filled in the form on here to raise a dispute but it said 30 days to get back to me but I can't  even log in to my Origin account or play the game thats downloaded onto my PC cos you still have to login to Origin which is obviously connected to EA account, so its like i can't get it in anywhere! Disappointed I also rang the helpine and that wasn't useful at all and she just told me to get help online. I think it's very strange (and wrong) of them to ban people's accounts when it's not even their fault and might not even play fifa! Maybe it's fifa that's the problem?

And like you mentioned, you paid a lot of money for skins but now they've banned you- people are spending their money on games and they're just banning people for no reason! Doesn't make sense!  

Message 3 of 4 (267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I finally made some progress today. I sent a tweet to eahelp twitter account and they were 100% different than the forum or dispute team. I got a response within an hour and the guy actuuuuually investigated my case unlike the disputes. After he did some digging he found that my accounts email had actually been changed and mine had been put onto a new account from a hacker. He then switched the account back to my email and locked out the account for me telling me I now need to put in a ticket for a hacked account and use the call line since they will deal with the hacked account. Im giving them a call tomorrow but this is solid progress but im not looking forward to sitting on hold for hours

Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)