Re: Banned for no reason out of nowhere?

by Demhouser

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for no reason out of nowhere?

★ Novice

Is anyone else getting banned for "cheating" when they never even cheated? I noticed that it's extremely common from other threads. 

Today, I woke up to a surprise that, "hey, you've been banned for cheating", I initially thought it was a phishing email trying to hack my account but after attempting to play a game, it legit said I was banned. I never cheated in a game once in my life to the point where I don't even know the methods on how to even acquire them. Also I'm not even good at the game, I barely get 1-2 kills per game and my aim is horrible, I've barley been playing the game since rampart takeover event because of the horrible laggy servers as I was waiting for that to be addressed but then when I finally decided to play, I get a ban for no apparent reason. The thing is, I spent hundreds of dollars on this game and I would have to be a fool to put that in jeopardy all to just cheat and lose it all.  They said this will take weeks to months for this to clear up which means im going to miss so many cosmetic events because of this mistake, I was working hard for that wingman skin and now I might not even get it in time if my case isn't responded to in time. I don't even know what to think of this company at this point, this just took all of the enthusiasm that I had for the game out of me. 

The only thing that I can think of that comes close to using a bug in game, is when I went to the firing range to see the rampart melee bug, I've only ever used it once there and never used it in a public match. I thought it would be okay for me to test in the firing range as I saw other streamers doing it in actual games. 

Message 1 of 6 (273 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Demhouser.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (270 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @Demhouser.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

The thing is I'm distrustful of this, I can't and won't start over if a mistake is made and I just lose access to the account that I had for years and invested hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in, I hate that I'm coming off as one of the many whiny entitled people who complain about stuff like this but I just have no idea how to react to this appropriately. I submitted a dispute and this whole time I'm thinking, "what could possibly" cause me to get banned for cheating of all things. The only thing I can think of was me using the rampart melee bug while in the firing range once, but that doesn't make sense as streamers/youtubers and everyone was playing with it, I never did it in a public setting but that might've been what caused it. 

Also, the most recent time I played the game was 9/20/2021 where I was completing challenges for the battle pass/ rampart event, did I possibly kill some angry EA dev? I sort of trash talked in one arena match did that cause it? My mind is just having a million thoughts at once as to why this is happening. What if they stick with their decision and keep my account banned despite the fact that I know that I didn't cheat, do I just give up? Is there anything that I can even do in that situation, this is just the first time something like this is happening to me because I like to pride myself on playing the game legit. 

@EA_Darko 

Message 3 of 6 (253 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Demhouser you will need to direct any questions to our TOS team as this is not something which we can assist with on AHQ>

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (250 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Alrighty, I will, I also received an update via email from EA support, do I reply to the email or am I supposed to open case in the website and type a reply there. Sorry, I'm a bit confused on that.
Message 5 of 6 (248 Views)

Community Manager

The steps to speak with our TOS team are in my post above @Demhouser.

If you have a case with our live support then I would recommend reading the response from them and then going from there based on what they say.

I'm going to lock this thread.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (246 Views)