Banned for no reason and no reply to my ticket

by Bnighted

Original Post

Banned for no reason and no reply to my ticket

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I played this game for like 130 hours. I started the game in season 2 and didn't play after season 2 until season 6 when it  came to Steam. I downloaded when it's available on Steam and playing it since that day. Recently, I didn't play it for 2 weeks and like 5 days ago I downloaded the 4.5 GB update from Steam to play a match. And then it said I am banned. I tried again, logged out from Steam and logged back in but it was still there. I've never used or even downloaded a cheat. Only thing I've done from the beggining was to open the game, play and close that's it. And it was okay last time I played, then suddenly I got banned while I wasn't playing. I've created a ticket the same day I've realised that I got banned but since then there is no update, no reply, nothing. I just can't play the game for no reason. Can you please fix this asap or at least tell me why did I get banned?

Message 1 of 13 (425 Views)

Re: Banned for no reason and no reply to my ticket

★★★ Pro
@Bnighted Hi Legend!

Sorry to hear about this, being banned by mistake must be annoying!

Here on the forums, you can't actually get unbanned you can just get advice.

I would suggest opening up a live chat with someone from EA, follow the support steps here https://help.ea.com/in/apex-legends/apex-legends/

I hope you get your issue resolved. Also, if you are only sending them email tickets then you need to remember that due to the pandemic everything has majorly slowed down!
Message 2 of 13 (376 Views)

★★ Novice

Seems to be a common thing. Russian hackers breaking into accounts and using aimbots likely got your account banned. I've had two tickets open regarding this since Feb 25th and they just keep closing one of my tickets with no context or information. I reopened the ticket and asked them to explain why they are closing it and then they just closed it with no context again. Yes i've checked my junk mail. Their instaban system doesn't work..clearly. Either get the support that can handle this, or adjust your ban system to account for bad support turnaround. SO silly.

Message 3 of 13 (374 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ScooptyWhoopPoop Have you tried speaking to anyone via the live chat? Also, did you have TFA turned on with your account?
Message 4 of 13 (371 Views)

★★ Novice

There's no live chat option when you open a ticket regarding getting banned. It only shows an email option. So I opened another ticket saying my account got hacked and then it gave me the live chat option. The live chat said they would send it to another team....then a week later the ticket closed. So I reopened....and now its closed again lol. Like I understand it's busy, but if I could get an email saying why it closed that would definitely help. 
TFA must not have been on when my account got hacked, but I have since turned it on.

Message 5 of 13 (369 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ScooptyWhoopPoop Hmm, this is interesting. One of my friends account was hacked & banned before and he got it back. He turned on TFA when he got it back and hasn't had any issues as of yet.

When you speak to them on the Live Chat, maybe tell them about your experiences previously and say you want it to be resolved? Try to be a bit more firmer maybe!

They get tons and tons of people who are like this!
Message 6 of 13 (366 Views)

@Bnighted Hello, welcome to AHQ!

The EA TOS Department is receiving an unusually high number of ban appeals at the moment. So it's taking the EA TOS department a longer to respond to the appeals. They do not ignore the appeals and they will review your account, your ban and respond.

Only submit 1 appeal ticket and wait for a response. If you submit a new appeal ticket before you hear back, it will put you at the back of the line.

Please just be patient and wait for a response. I can't tell you how long it will take, I'm not an EA employee, I'm simply a volunteer that helps out other gamers on the forum. The best I could do is make guesses based off the response times other players have received.

Make sure you keep an eye on your emails spam and junk folders. There have been a few forum members who missed emails from the EA TOS.

if you have not heard back after about 3-4 weeks feel free to ask again, just tag me when you create the thread so I don't miss it and I'll flag it for a CM.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 13 (364 Views)

★★ Novice
@rockyboy1998 I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the insight on your friend. It's super appreciated.
Message 8 of 13 (355 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the respond. I will wait as you said. I hope this issue will be solved. My account never got hacked btw. I always check my stats.

Message 9 of 13 (347 Views)

Community Manager

@ScooptyWhoopPoop 
In this case, it looks like one of your cases continues being closed as your original ticket has already been escalated to our Terms of Service team.

You'll just need to wait to hear back from the TOS team in that original case.

They will reach out via email as soon as they've completed their investigation, so opening additional cases won't expedite this situation I'm afraid.

@Bnighted 

I do see your case as well, so that's in the right spot to be investigated. Thanks for the patience while that's being looked into as DarthValtrex explained.

Mako.png
Message 10 of 13 (334 Views)