Re: Banned for 24hours

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Banned for 24hours

★★ Novice

So here goes my rant. and just for context, it is my first time getting banned on any game at all since i do believe i abide by the rules when playing. but on this particular day, i got banned for 24 hours for the rules of harassment. To paint the picture clearer i had a game where the caustic and me ( bloodhound ) were paired up and this caustic guy was really toxic typing ffs, or like help you f****** p******, and such which you probably get the swear word already, to cut to the chase, he got downed and i was fighting another team and couldnt get to him being inside the ring and me aswell. the other teammate and me apologized for leaving him but we had no choice. he said over voice chat "if you dont pick me up ill report, ill report". i ignored said plea cause i know i cant make it that far and not die, (level 3 ring with no meds). unfortunately me and the other teammate died to and i thought that was the end of that. later on maybe 1-2 games before the said bannable offense. me and the caustic got paired again, i even said hello again to him but he didnt respond. and now fast forward, i get down, he does the t-b**ging to my face while the other teammate was fighting, and died. he ran away so at this time i got really pissed and said f u caustic you d*** af or something close, apparently this guy reported me. and now i dont have any evidences to back my claim. but am banned for 24hours, and its not even the wait time im pissed about, its about the context which was apparently reversed on me and now im suffering from a backlash.... End of rant. moral of the story : bad teammates, you still suffer irl.

Message 1 of 10 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LastGravekeeper Wait... how is this even possible? They dont ban you within minutes or hours from what I know... it takes days or weeks... most just dont even get banned.

How the heck did you get banned (within an hour? I’m assuming) for verbal stuff? Unless that guy captured voice as well and submitted it... which either seems highly unlikely or he’s a streamer or yt’er...

Regardless, I’d do a counter report
Message 2 of 10 (505 Views)

★★ Novice
@Koochi-Q i believe it was 2-3 days ago. but i cant be voice cause i never talked on mic, never felt good cussing a person out for a game, but i couldnt stop myself from being pissed so i did type that
Message 3 of 10 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LastGravekeeper So you got banned today or right after you typed? The way you worded it made it sound like you said it in chat so that’s why I was confused. Yea... typed is easy to report... never type... :P
Message 4 of 10 (444 Views)

@LastGravekeeper Welcome to the forum! What platform are you on? If you're on xbox or PS4 EA might not have anything to do with the ban. It could be from Microsoft or Sony. The other player might have been banned as well and you just don't know it.

I have friends who have misbehaved on Xbox live and so did the other player. They reported the other player and it resulted in both being suspended for 24 hours. They both breached the TOS and both were flaming/harassing each other.

Just because someone else is breaking the rules, does not mean you need to. I personally just ignore bad behavior by others. It's not worth my time and energy. Plus what good does responding and engaging with them do for you? If anything it just leads to more negative feelings and problems for you.

If you want to dispute the ban and you're on PC. Reach out at this link.
https://www.help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/Copy%20of%20information-about-banned-or-suspended-account...

If you're on xbox, this link will take you to the Microsoft area for the suspension.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026773/xbox-learn-why-your-account-was-banned-or-suspended...

If you're on PS4 https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/grief-reporting/banned-and-suspen...

But I'm not sure it's worth it, by the time you dispute the ban, your 24 hour suspension will likely be over.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@LastGravekeeper Did he type as well ? In that case, you need to report as soon as he type it next time.

Note: I mostly ignore toxic team mate, but I will report next time then leave the game.

Message 6 of 10 (411 Views)

Champion

Hypothetically speaking....if you was to report somebody whilst having a heated argument with them...you would both banned no?

As you've provided evidence that you're both breaching ToS. I wonder if the other dude recieved a ban too? That would be instant karma lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (376 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I have seen it happen on xbox live. Two randoms I played with got into an argument with each other. Both sent me a friend request and I played with both a few days later at different times. Both got suspended for 24 hours.

Message 8 of 10 (362 Views)

★★ Novice
@DarthValtrex thats the annoying part for me all i did was one line sentence to shut him up. didnt wanna close voice coms so call outs are still there and then this happened
Message 9 of 10 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LastGravekeeperWell ignoring them gets under their skin even more then responding. When people are doing that kind of thing they are trying to provoke a reaction/response. Responding just fuels the fire. 

Message 10 of 10 (334 Views)