Re: Banned BF2042 #2

by FettenDiddi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned BF2042 #2

★ Guide

...wow, the Mods get faster and faster with closing down these threads.

So opening another one with my remark to the last one (that i prepared right before closure);

I also had another try with another ticket (that I could finally open after a dozen unsuccessful tries), providing the TOS with as much info as possible, not knowing any reason for the ban.

As expected, the usual answer from TOS within 12 hours was "we won't change anything, sanctions will not be withdrawn".

And they also clearly state that they won't even do any further checks, so opening tickets is completely useless, nothing will ever change.

Also as expected, after closing down the 160+ pages thread, nobody talks about this topic anymore.

So the status won't change:

- users will stll be banned from BF2042 without citing any causes or any info we can reason against

- long-term customers are thus lost (most of them will never buy any EA game again, as we can't know if we will be able to keep it or banned again for non-told reasons)

Congratulations, all goals achieved.

I assume this thread will also be closed again within hours. (edit: it was more like minutes this time, so I assume this new thread has a lifetime of seconds...)

But please, Mods, DON'T POINT us again at the TOS team, as described this doesn't help at all as they won't even consider our tickets ever again, as they themselves clearly state; to ignore this fact and still refer us there every time becomes more and more of an insult and missing customer respect.

We will still remember what happened, and remind you of that.

So long, and thanks for the fish...

Message 1 of 18 (1,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @FettenDiddi,

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with Terms of Service issues here on the forums.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (1,319 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FettenDiddi,

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with Terms of Service issues here on the forums.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 18 (1,320 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

...as said, we all did exactly that.

And the TOS team respond almost immediately with "no further will be taken, we consider this topic closed".

I would well be willing to provide any info that they request to support my claims/appeal, but they don't care any more, and they never even told us what info would help here.

So all us affected users have the options:

- try to keep awareness in this support forum from time to time (what I just did here now again) so it won't be forgotten or swept under the carpet

- take this topic to a different medium / socialmedia / etc. (with the threat of being banned completely, as far as I understood the Terms of Service)

- accept the ban and be quiet (and this won't happen)

So, I know this thread will soon be closed again, I will log off for the next weeks as there is no helpful info to be found here for me, and I will come back in some weeks/months time to remind everyone again that there are users that paid for a game that was stolen from them afterwards. (because that's how it appears to me).

Bye for now.

Message 3 of 18 (1,302 Views)

Anonymous

Hello,

In the same situation....

Message 4 of 18 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@FettenDiddi wrote:

...as said, we all did exactly that.

And the TOS team respond almost immediately with "no further will be taken, we consider this topic closed".

I would well be willing to provide any info that they request to support my claims/appeal, but they don't care any more, and they never even told us what info would help here.

So all us affected users have the options:

- try to keep awareness in this support forum from time to time (what I just did here now again) so it won't be forgotten or swept under the carpet

- take this topic to a different medium / socialmedia / etc. (with the threat of being banned completely, as far as I understood the Terms of Service)

- accept the ban and be quiet (and this won't happen)

So, I know this thread will soon be closed again, I will log off for the next weeks as there is no helpful info to be found here for me, and I will come back in some weeks/months time to remind everyone again that there are users that paid for a game that was stolen from them afterwards. (because that's how it appears to me).

Bye for now.

Hi @FettenDiddi ,

Are you based in the EU?

If so you have the legal right and EA/DICE the obligation to give you a full copy of the data record they keep on file on you.  As they have placed you onto a banned status, they are obviously having you on record, including this information attached to your registry with them.

This is standard consumer protection and data privacy law in the EU, so something that the EA legal team and also their customer service staff is obliged to be trained on and also compliant with. 

Message 5 of 18 (1,159 Views)

★ Guide
Hi @CyberDyme ,
yes, EU-based, and yes, I considered this option already.

But:
- I didn't want to invest too much time into this topic (well, I invest already more time in this forum than feasible, as I'm not even interested in playing this buggy/alpha-state/mis-designed game but just want to get my account cleaned from any false claims)
- I even heard of some cases where such requests are even misread and interpreted as based on "right to be forgotten" instead of "right of information".
- I still am pretty sure that the whole problem exists due to a buggy and short-sighted integration of EAC into this game, same problem as with the game itself, and it is very feasible that EA does not have any details at all about any ban reason that they could provide.

So, for now I use this just as a regular reminder how EA mistreats their formerly loyal customers, without hope that it will change anything.

It's just ironic that we have to cope with cheaters in almost every round in BF1 and BFV, and I always said I won't buy BF2042 without a working anticheat-solution, and then I'm one of first (of many) that is banned due to false claims of "cheating".
Message 6 of 18 (1,142 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

another reason to play on consoles.  no weird software to get you banned

Message 7 of 18 (1,109 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Psubond
What I’ve been witnessing in game is a big shift in numbers from PC cheaters to Console cheaters and the majority (not all) of these on PlayStation. They need better detection methods to check for Cronus devices used with consoles and ban those players accordingly.
Message 8 of 18 (1,058 Views)

Champion
Spoiler
- I still am pretty sure that the whole problem exists due to a buggy and short-sighted integration of EAC into this game, same problem as with the game itself, and it is very feasible that EA does not have any details at all about any ban reason that they could provide.

The old Logitech Hub thing was check, if I recall correctly, and there was no issues with it

You should request your info (I think you can do that on your profile?), because a lot of people (on the old thread) are actually finding out that their account was compromised around the date of the ban, so the ban is not a false positive, but an actual hacker playing with it, thus the ban

Your info won't have a ban reason statement, but the date of when it was applied is there, couple that with the login attempts also contained there and you can connect the dots

CCP Champion Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 9 of 18 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@SeriousJuJui have no idea what cronus is

never mind.  looked it up.  wtf is the point of even playing if you are going to use that

Message 10 of 18 (1,045 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help