Bangalore the Punching Bag!

by Cabowse

Original Post

Bangalore the Punching Bag!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Has anyone noticed that Bangalore out of pretty much all the characters has had the least real action time in the trailers. Apart from the season 2 trailer where she gets like 6 whole seconds of screen time where she isn't being murdered, the only other film that I can think of that actually shows her not dying for any period of time is the initial trailer where she is harassing Wraith, right before Mirage up and shoots her in the head. She get's killed 3 times in the Season 3 cinematic trailer XD

Bangalore isn't even one of my favourite characters, but I feel like her and Bloodhound are two characters that have incredible potential for interesting backstories, but so far have just been used as punching bags in most of the films to date.

I just wished we knew her as more than just the Jughead apex-wikipedia page that she currently is.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 38 (848 Views)

Re: Bangalore the punching bag!

Champion

Bang always gets the worst legendary skins too. I wonder why the respawn devs have such an issue with her. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 38 (831 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag I do love her Wakanda skin, but you're right she doesn't even get a lot of love on that front!

New halloween skin looks cool, but not like OMG I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW cool if you know what I mean.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Message 3 of 38 (828 Views)

Champion

Yeah the wakanda skin is awesome, and it kills me that i missed it haha. Also i agree about the h'ween skin however it really does pale in comparison to the others.

I'd start a petition to get bangalore some love but it'd just get removed haha.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 38 (825 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Cabowse  I feel like the devs missed the mark with the Halloween Bangalore skin. The whole Dia de los Muertos theme is better suited for Octane IMO. Is she from New Orleans? If not they need to try again. However my favorite of hers is the punk skin from the Iron Crown Event. I even own the Wakanda skin from the legendary hunt event. But the punk one is by far my favorite.

Message 5 of 38 (814 Views)

Champion

Just bringing this back to the lore around Bangalore, the guy falling out of the ship in her screensaver is actually her brother Jackson. The reason she joined the Apex games at all was to raise money to get back to her home base and to what remains of her family.

I just hope that we get to see Bangalore in the future as more than just a 2 dimensional character, and actually get to see a more tender and even vulnerable side to her. I want to play Bangalore with that feeling that she is actually fighting for something, but at the moment that has only been conveyed so far by a bit of text on the website.

Message 6 of 38 (798 Views)

★★★ Expert

I might give SJWs some ammo here, but she's a woman, she's not pink like the white people, she's also kind of a bully, which kind of attracts the same against her .Also,  "black" characters always dying first in movies was a thing, haha. On the other hand, Bangalore was a professional soldier of the IMC, which were the "bad" guys in Titanfall, maybe that's the origin of hate. Anyway, I don't actually think anyone hates her, and hope to see her put in more light in some events.

However, I would like some twists to the story, like Bangalore actually being an antagonist and Caustic getting revealed as a totally different person than what we expect. 

Message 7 of 38 (795 Views)

Champion
@DoYaSeeMe I don't think you have to be a SJW to pull most of those reasonings apart for why she doesn't get as much love as the other characters, but you are possibly right about the bully side of her characteristics.
This is one of the reasons I would personally like to see a different and more endearing side to her, maybe one she doesn't like the other Legends to see. Just so we as the player can feel more of a connection to her as a character and her motives, even if she doesn't let that on to everyone else.

I don't think we'll see her as some huge antagonist but I would also like to see Caustic's lore opened up as well, so that we can see what drove him to become the raging sociopath he is today.

Message 8 of 38 (779 Views)

★★★ Expert

Bang's in the military, soldiers hate love, and other fudgey stuff. Stop harrassing Bang.

Message 9 of 38 (771 Views)

Champion
@Wingmannedbro This made me chuckle I won't lie

Message 10 of 38 (768 Views)