Re: Bangalore buff idea

by LunarWolfEclipse

Original Post

Bangalore buff idea

★★ Novice

In my personal opinion, I do believe Bangalore is a very well balanced legend, I like her tactical and her ultimate is very good, although I feel it should cover a larger area and the bombs should have more range, they are missles after all. But I do believe she could use some tweaks. Take caustic for example, his tactical takes 30 secs for a single charge. And ha traps have priority, damage people over time, and can be disorienting, plus he has three charges compared to Bangalore’s 2 charges and his gas can last longer. So I think three charges of smoke would be nice, but not really necessary, a shorter cooldown though would be very much welcome, that smoke makes me feel like Batman when I use it and disappear 🦇. Let me just compare her tactical cool down to other legends, mirage, creates copies of himself out of light that he can control, and tell him where a shooter is at when shot, has a 15 second  cool down. Wraith who literally has the power to go into another dimension and be invincible for a few seconds, has a 25 second cool down, pathfinder, can grapple and quickly reposition himself or even slingshot himself any where, at most, 30 secs. Doesn’t make a lot of sense when she fires smoke, no superpowers, no super fancy tech or anything like that. So I just think her tactical should have a shorter cooldown, probably the 15 seconds like mirages. Now this part is just me thinking this would be cool, but I think it would be awsome if Bangalore could launch grenades, arc stars and thermites from her smoke launcher as well, it just sounds like fun, you could select the grenade you want using the wheel for the grenades and fire it using the tactical, it sounds like a lot of fun. Okay last thing, maybe, please give the bombs in rolling thunder more range, they are bombs falling from orbit, thy should have more range, also, maybe make it where when they impact with the ground they can stun nearby enimies, not hurt, but stun, like I said, it’s falling from orbit, it’s going to hit the ground hard. Now you could give the bombs in rolling thunder more range and that way you could make the ultimate cover a larger area, same amount of bombs but because of the increased range in each bombs explosion, you could increase the size of the area the bombs would fall in. Now on to the good, damaging people with Bangalore’s smoke, even knocking or killing them, so satisfying, plus that bombardment, so good for third partying, I mean really good for it. Alright, that’s all folks. 

Message 1 of 14 (438 Views)

@LunarWolfEclipse I main Bang and I do not think she needs any mods at all. She is in a very good place is one of the top legends in the game IMO.

Her double time is absolutely amazing in CQC fights. Movement and speed are what win fights. if you combine it with smoke you can easily confuse your enemy to 1. make an exit or 2. destroy them.

Her ult is in a fairly good place right now. If they make it larger it will be OP It already covers a very large area. The concussion effect from it is absolutely brutal. If you can engage an enemy while they are still shell shocked, you should have no problem downing them. The rate which it falls, is great and the damage it does is strong as well. 40-80 damage is a brutal amount to take from an enemy pushing you. Combine that with the shell shock effect and it's absolutely devastating to get hit by.

It can be used in both an aggressive way or a defensive way. Throw it down on an enemy you plan to push. The enemy has to scatter or take damage or find cover. If they all run into the same building, nade the building they run into.. If they speed up the rate at which the ult falls it won't be nearly as useful as a defensive weapon.

Smoke can be used in similar fashion. I throw smoke on enemies I want to push but need to close some distance on.

She is a strong legend and I never feel like her abilities are useless or that I'm at a disadvantage while playing her. Now compare that to Loba, Rev or Ramp and I often feel like their abilities are sub par.

Could they make some tweaks to her to make her a top 3 legend? Probably. If they do I don't want them messing with her Double Time and I don't want to see her become OP then nerfed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 14 (424 Views)

Champion
@LunarWolfEclipse I noticed you didnt bring up her speed boost passive. It is a pretty huge item and makes her balanced.
Message 3 of 14 (420 Views)

Champion
@LunarWolfEclipse Isn't this your same post from the other bangalore buff thread?

@DarthValtrex I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that it makes her the fastest legend or at least the top three (while it's active ofc).

I still believe my boy Rev could at least get an AOE increase on his tactical. So frustrating when I flop a silence because it's slightly to the side of an enemy. His footsteps/legs are too damn loud but that's another topic for another thread lol.

@hayhor Out of interest do we know how long double time actually lasts and do you think its duration is at the perfect spot?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 14 (392 Views)

★★ Novice

I main Bangalore as well, these are just some fun ideas that I thought could give Bangalore more of an edge, but I do agree, I think Bangalore is in good place, I even said so in the beginning of my post, the only true complaint that I got is the cooldown for her smoke when other characters have a shorter or equal cooldown for a scientifically by far more op ability

Message 5 of 14 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

I am aware of the speed boost but trufully I have never had any issues with the speed boost or any complaints about, some weird bugs like when I am in a building and my teammate is on the roof and gets shot at, my double time will activate, but that is more of a funny bug than anything else. But hey if you got some ideas for her passive, say something, the devs do look at some of this stuff and I do know that a few people who have given ideas, have had those ideas put into the game. 

Message 6 of 14 (365 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I thought I was creating my own post but realized that I didn’t later so I copied and pasted it here. Also, I like revanents silence which Bangalore’s smoke because the electricity crackling around them makes them easier to see, and wraith, have fun trying to leave, the only way too I can leave now is to quit the game. I don’t like wraiths cause they always leave 

Message 7 of 14 (363 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Also, I believe the double time lasts for a couple seconds or as long as you are being shot at 

Message 8 of 14 (360 Views)

Hero

Bang is fine and the top legend in the game. There is no other legend that can even remotely compared to her she has been number 1 best legend in the game from the start. Her passive is the reason why. This boost makes her super powerful and unexpected moves. She is insane. 

Watch Shiv he will show you how insane and how and why she is in a good place atm and doesn't need buffs or nerfs. While some argue she is not the best because she is not number one pick this does not apply to legend abilities. She is extremely hard to kill if being played by the right bangs. She is a god herself. I got plenty friends with 20k to 60k kills on her and these dudes are nearly impossible to kill unless something just goes completely wrong or there is a laser person who never missed. Miss your shots on her expect her to come and demolish you. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 14 (352 Views)

Champion
@LunarWolfEclipse My point is you have to take into account the full kit of abilities. Caustic cannot get away as he has no escapability ability. Therefore his in position kit is better. Bangalore speed boost and smoke allow for much more aggressive and evasive play.
Message 10 of 14 (325 Views)