Re: Bang for you Buck

by LoveParusMajor

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think abandoning the Andromeda system would be a wise move, to many players [ I am guessing ] are already upset that the Quarian Ark questions that were never resolved in the game.

Not to mention the creator's of the Angara, and where they fit in the story.

1.  For me The Whole concept of exploration, and having the land rover was a very good Idea. I liked that

2. The repetitive Vaults were actually not a bad Idea as they had some diversity in there puzzle solving, and secret area's to make them fun, I found them entertaining enough.

3. I was not to fond of the Cryptic puzzles for entering the said vault's. I think I would have preferred some sort of item recovery, or exploratory entry, but they also did sort of fit the scenario, and seemed to be a proper part of the game story. The problem I had with them was the slow down for me when trying to get them right. The patch with cheap over ride's helped with that though.

4. I really missed the Quarian's probably more than any other race, they are to me such and essential part of the ME Universe, and there absence was always a sore spot for me.

5. I would actually be fine with a really good insertion story, [DLC] to get the Quarian's into the Andromeda system, I also think there is a rather large absents of other sentient species in the Andromeda galaxy that needs improvement.

6. The Ancient AI might be a good extra point that could be used in another plot, possibly leading in some direction to the Creators of the Angara. 

7. There are just a lot of places that could be enhanced, the game was very well constructed to give many way's to add to it, and I am sure make for a very entertaining continuation of the story.

8. I think over all abandoning, now that it has been created the Andromeda universe would be a poor choice. at least to me it seems so.

Message 11 of 16 (952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it is so sad they do not continue here... there is so much potential and so many unanswered questions :/

Message 12 of 16 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I assumed destroy ending was "most canon" of the 4.. So continuing the story would be easy with new character with all the old ones being there like npcs or followers.. Its Dragon Age formula and it clearly works. Story can go literally anywhere, for example races of the galaxy being pissed off at asari for reasons you find out in that mission on thessia in me3.. Maybe other races learned about that because STG stole the info from humans.. So they want matriarch to answer, while quarians point out bigger problems with what they learned about mass effect fields and their effect on universe in that Tali mission in me2 etc.  You could chose different starting races (human, turian or asari).. Again, worked in Dragon age, didnt it?

Im not fan of prequels myself (although krogan rebellion sounds badass), but would play anything in ME universe simply because of rich lore.

I agree continuing the Andromeda story is the most reasonable choice, all that setup, entire Kett Empire to fight etc. It could be fun! 

But wait, you think Geth are benefactors? :D 

Message 13 of 16 (908 Views)

★ Novice

If it wasn't behind the awful Origin platform more people would probably give it a go after the updates and of course time is a great healer.

I've been trying to download the title for over eight hours and EA Origins is just a horrible mess.

I could probably have downloaded, installed and actually ran a pirate version (I'm sure it exists by now) in less time it's taken to get to a cancelled sub 41% download, not enough to play and stayed at 0 kb/s despite turning off all other programs on Windows 10.

I know EA wants to be in control and thus they created Origins but they don't have the servers or the expertise required to make it user friendly.

As I write I'm at under 120 KB/Sec so it's going to take a while if it even finishes this time.

Message 14 of 16 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I live in whats basically 3rd world country and Origin handles downloads just fine.. 

Message 15 of 16 (909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I truly feel for you, having a low bandwidth download speed.  I mean you may have a really good service provider.

I live in a rural area, and have only one choice in a service provider for DSL, and there is no cable ( I could maybe get satellite service, but everyone knows it is terrible for any twitch games )

anyway I think my best dl speed is like 2 meg, sometimes, but a lot of the time it is about 1.5, and less.  It took me like 4 or 5 days to finally get this game. That was one of the worst parts of it, this "Down Load Only" is pretty hard on me.

I recently got Quantum break, because I got supposedly the entire game on disk, but I finished the first act, and they want you to be online all the time, for streaming video.

Screw them, I uninstalled the game, and threw it on the shelf.. ( Sure you can skip the Streaming video, but that's half the fun of the story. and I do not like being constantly connected. ) so I truly hate Quantum break for sure. This was a Microsoft deal, they want you online all the time...WHY ? I think is something very fishy about that. ( Like the camera in there X-Box one, and the Microsoft person who disappeared after he said it will be great information gathering being able to see everyone's living room )

But Hope you enjoy the game once you get it.

Message 16 of 16 (867 Views)