Re: Balacning issues / high ttk

by Riosace

Original Post

Balacning issues / high ttk

★★ Apprentice

Hello EA / Popcap

The general consens within the community right now is that the time to kill in this game is too high. I couln't agree more with that. There are two major reasons for this develoment:

1) The characters Imp, Foot Soldier and Kernal Corn and Sunflower fired big, fast projectiles in the previous games. These projectiles also had very generous hitboxes (or the characters themselves had big hitboxes). This made it very easy to land their primary fire on an enemy. Especially Corn and Soldier were some, if not the strongest Characters in the last game. So a nerf is not all suprising. The way these characters work now is way closer to a "hitscan damage dealer". There shots are much more accurate but also have less generous hitboxes. This makes it a lot harder to hit your shots, decreasing overall accuracy. Add in the fact that every character can sprint now and that night cap and acorn have very small hitboxes.

2) The damage output of a lot of characters just extremely poor. Corn and Soldier can barely kill anything. Not even on PC, where aiming is a little easier in general. Just compare foot soldier to the snapdragon. The snapdragon barely has to aim and stil does more damage. Why does space cadet do more damage than foot soldier and has homing projectiles on top of that? I know Sunflower is a healer but why does Scientist get high damage while she gets the worst weapon in the game?

The change that aiming is important with a lot of classes is a great one, but the payoff you get for actually hitting your shots is just too small. The game feels rather unsatisfactory that way. Especially the characters I mentioned above need big damge buffs.

Miscellaneous issues:

• Why is there no text chat in the game?
  • The threshold for shared vanquishes seems to have been reduced drastically. Why? Do you intend to make the game more frustrating? Push people away from playing support? With the high time to kill you can pump a whole magazine into an enemy only to get an assist after all. Just frustrating.

I really believe that you guys can sort these issues out. I'm glad you decided to launch with this testing phase as the game right now, especially on PC, is not ready to launch. Please don't disappoint this community by ignoring all these issues hundres of people are reporting!

Message 1 of 4 (661 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SirFabbs agreed. Id just like to add overhealing as a game mechanic is also lending to this problem. With both supports able to extend the max health of their respective team this also is increasing how long it takes to kill people. A oak may have 300 base hp but most of the time im seeing them with around 400 because they were overhealed to this point. Now 100 extra hp doesnt sound that much in reality but considering the fact characters like soldier and corn do less damage, 4 per bullet btw, thats an extra 25 bullets minimum to kill that target.
Message 2 of 4 (646 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree. A higher TTK can make a game feel more tactical. A hero shooter needs this so abilities can feel impactful, but this time they overshot the target quite a bit. It's quite weird since characters like night cap, electric slide or snapdragon have a ttk that is fine imo (only talking about their primary weapons).

Message 3 of 4 (630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do agree with the point you are making and I do believe it would help if bullet velocity were increased for automatic weapon characters so that the lead time to hit isn’t as large as it is currently. This would support the effectiveness of these characters.

Message 4 of 4 (620 Views)