Bad teammates now more costly??

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

Bad teammates now more costly??

★★★★★ Pro

Is having bad teammates more costly than it was previously??

I don't consider myself to be some oMg iM a prO gAmeR stReameR but I trust my skills and cunning (most of the time), and more often than not have the highest damage and kills on my team.

Usually if I have scrub teammates, I can still carry them and win games as they provide their distraction or whatnot or extra damage.

But now Im getting to final 3 or 2 and my teammates just ruin it...

Running off into the middle of multiple squads

Giving up strong positions

Attacking enemies from weak positions

You name it they do it(except anything good)

Haven't been able to bail them out like i used to since season 5.

Wondered your thoughts?? No more carries??

Message 1 of 9 (518 Views)

Re: Bad teammates now more costly??

★★★★ Guide

@1ronKeys it's a new map so people are probably unsure about the flow of combat (when to attack). Sucks to hear man.

Message 2 of 9 (508 Views)

★★ Guide

They are more costly, but the reasons are different in my opinion. 

Casuals and randoms have always been pot luck: you either get a like minded player, or you don't - and they may even be thinking the same about you. That's the beauty and the crux of individual differences in people.

But now there is a bigger, deeper problem to factor in. And this problem is the influx of cheaters across all consoles and PC. Either you get a random teammate who doesn't cheat/is a casual/not very skilled, going up against a team of anti-recoil modders using strike packs in every game. Or you get a strike pack user on your team with a false sense of power and self belief due to his own lack of recoil, that he himself rushes into a team of strike pack users or skilled players. 

It's a vicious circle, an endless loop, but one thing's for certain: The longer these cheats remain in the game, the less people will play, and the less people will enjoy. 

Message 3 of 9 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Littlxr For sure... except i can't imagine my 0 kill 120 damage teammates are looking at me with 1200 damage 8 kills and thinking the same thing I think of them.

I'd say 5 games max ever I've been teamed with someone who's ran away with 9 or 13 kills whilst i sit on 3 or something.

When i was teaming with people we'd win 3 lose 1 win 2 lose 1. That sort of consistency.

In previous seasons I could carry dead players and take Ws, now it seems impossible. Whether theyre making dumb mistakes to leave us 1v3 or they lack the skill.

It makes you not wanna play.
Message 4 of 9 (417 Views)

★★★ Pro
@1ronKeys For when a new season comes out and there's changes I give a month before things start to improve among a squad to get further along in a match.

Then there's getting newbie players in my mind lvl 1-50 "ok they're still learning I gotta up my game."
Lvl 51-70 "ok I'm not expecting miracles but they should have some sense." Ect.

I'm no way a pro but I do ok however at this point in time I'd rather have teammates such as that so we have a better chance at winning, than teammates who leave immediately after getting knocked right before round one is announced. It's just the luck of the draw, so just hope your luck holds out before having to resort to a back up plan.
Message 5 of 9 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@DK9027 The "luck" seems to be based on typical EA "surprise mechanics" of packing a good teammte is <0.07%

If i stop playing the game for a month or don't spend any money perhaps my luck will dynamically adjust.
Message 6 of 9 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@1ronKeys How can it be that these teammates are getting worse with every season? They seriously need you to hold their hand and tell them everything just to have them play halfway decent. I just don't get it.

It's almost as if they're on par with taking care of a pathetic man-baby who couldn't even figure to wipe until they were told to. Disappointing would be an understatement.

Unreal!

Message 7 of 9 (343 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ColdHours Yes exactly that.

I went to write something before to describe them, but didn't want it to come across as 'offensive' to slow learners or similar. So omitted it.

Message 8 of 9 (322 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@1ronKeys And to think I was being polite in my assessment.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm no Apex Domme. Nor am I an aloof imbecile. But some of these players make one wonder how they remember to breath. xD

Message 9 of 9 (315 Views)