Re: Backing out soon as downed is the way to go

by Pha1n0

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Now I’m not going to say I don’t admire Hayhor  and those that don’t quit because I do.

But the math on Apex is very straightforward.  Quitting most times saves you and your team unnecessary grief snd gets you more games.  Sometimes sticking around is worth it but most times it’s not and Apex rewards you even if you leave games.  

Message 11 of 35 (446 Views)

Champion

@KelRiever  I'm not a big fan of quitting unless there is quite clearly no hope for my remaining team.

I can honestly say that sometimes I am relieved if my teammates insta quit though. I've had quite a few games where i'e tried to revive teammate only to be either shot at constantly, hunted by a thirsty bloodhound team or beaten to every respawn beacon by a fraction. It really does make for a stressful playing experience lol.

I've had games where I've had the same experiences above, except successfully respawned my team and were clutched a win. Sometimes patience can be a virtue. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 35 (412 Views)

★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtag Had a few wins like that and also solo clutched games when both teammates quit on me but it goes wrong more times than not and decided not to stick around anymore, it's only a W and when you've had over 1000 on BR games it means little.

Message 13 of 35 (399 Views)

★★★ Expert

Tbh most times you can tell whether to stick around.  Especially if you get boxed and watch your team mates

Message 14 of 35 (383 Views)

★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah, that's happened before. Teammates die multiple times, I Rez them as Crypto, we clutch the win, everyone goes home happy.
Message 15 of 35 (377 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Pha1n0 why would you leave if the champion has a ton of kills. Me a lvl 310 and my lvl 200 teammates have won multiple games when the champion squad had 10k kills each.
Message 16 of 35 (364 Views)

★ Guide

@RustedYoda - because wasting 20mins to get to 2nd place and get destroyed by the pred team is in no way enjoyable. 

its 20 mins that I can’t get back - and in my opinion helps me in no way. 

Message 17 of 35 (351 Views)

Champion
@Pha1n0 There is no guarentee that team will be there at the end. I start almost every game with a team like that as the champion and within the first few minutes they usually die off as they hot drop. Or if you know they are still around try to engage them quickly after they beat the 3rd place team.
Message 18 of 35 (349 Views)

★ Guide

@hayhor that’s very true...

however, I have a family and work full time - and so my time is very precious to me and in the off chance (it has happened 50% of the time probably) I meet them at the end - it’s a waste of my time / poorly spent time - just to get crapped on by a team that’s premise and plays 8hours a day. 

ea can’t fix sbmm - I’ll do it myself. 

surprisingly since I’ve been doing this - my life in apex has been much more enjoyable. 

Message 19 of 35 (346 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Pha1n0 i can understand feeling like your time was wasted but im just gonna say dont let the champion squad define your match Standard smile
Message 20 of 35 (344 Views)