Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Back after a break

by Spiritual-Zombie

Original Post

Back after a break

★★★★ Novice

I will be going right back on a break.  Was being optimistic that loot was fixed.  Its not.

Message 1 of 10 (421 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hadn't played for three days.  Played last night farming GM1.  No Freeplay but mainly HoR.  Lego rain. I previously hadn't had any after a full week of playing.  I was getting 1 or 2 yellows per stronghold run, plus one every contract from a rando.

RNG?  Or is it my tinfoil hat telling me the same Destiny rewards system logarithm is in place here - accounts that are idle for a time period and then return have increased rewards in order to entice them to keep grinding?

Message 2 of 10 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Jonny_CastillouxIt's raw RNG which output results in clusters with lengthy empty streaks and occasional loot showers (like I got 6 legendaries in six runs last week). Good devs would know they should neutralize it by spreading results evenly across multiple runs to prevent extreme excitement during peaks followed by abstinence syndrome and burnout during off-peaks.

Also this game is in serious need of Canai Cube from Diablo - to transmute trash legendaries and masterwork into other legendaries. It may dramatically improve replayability.

Message 3 of 10 (366 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

I hadn't played for three days.  Played last night farming GM1.  No Freeplay but mainly HoR.  Lego rain. I previously hadn't had any after a full week of playing.  I was getting 1 or 2 yellows per stronghold run, plus one every contract from a rando.

RNG?  Or is it my tinfoil hat telling me the same Destiny rewards system logarithm is in place here - accounts that are idle for a time period and then return have increased rewards in order to entice them to keep grinding?

This happened to me too... 8 legos in 2 hrs!!

Message 4 of 10 (307 Views)

★★★ Guide

Today not so much lol.  Back to the status quo.

Message 5 of 10 (257 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I got 1 yellow last night - after two weeks of nothing but orange. I’m a 720... Literally yellows are the only worthwhile loot and it took a two weeks to get it playing gm1s and gm2s.

my buddy said if he didn’t get a yellow last night after his own two week drought he was done. Unfortunately I got a yellow and he didn’t.

It turned out the one yellow I got was one of the very few I already had.

This drought is f*cking things up for me. Release the loot!

Message 6 of 10 (240 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

I got 1 yellow last night - after two weeks of nothing but orange. I’m a 720... Literally yellows are the only worthwhile loot and it took a two weeks to get it playing gm1s and gm2s.

my buddy said if he didn’t get a yellow last night after his own two week drought he was done. Unfortunately I got a yellow and he didn’t.

It turned out the one yellow I got was one of the very few I already had.

This drought is f*cking things up for me. Release the loot!

Get worst the higher you get. I need 3 lego's and trying to get them in this stark-a@@ haystack is a serious pain. I play like mad (1000+hrs) and I still can't pull the gear for one Jav to attempt a full close end build. Don't get me wrong, can put together nice builds but can't get extra charges on the lego gear. Is frustrating.

Message 7 of 10 (214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Lol i was gonna ask how long he planned to stay, but he already edited his original post saying he left.

Is this the return they are hoping for when cata releases?

Cant wait.
Message 8 of 10 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Installed patches today and thought to boot it up but can't, just can't.

Last played April 3rd 2019 with 112 hours played as a translation to the pic and I bought the thing 15 days after launch, still sitting on 760 legendary colossus or whatever it was, 2 components short of full legendary (some even were good) +750ish storm 'n ranger gained before the loot improvement patches, which haven't really improved anything based on people still having loot-issues.

I only played GM1, 98% of my drops were from GM1 Strongholds, since 2 and 3 were pointless then, don't know how it is now. Didn't play during the "Loot Shower" -event.

Shouldn't really play Anthem at all but mistakes were made.

Message 9 of 10 (176 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Gangachange wrote:

I will be going right back on a break.  Was being optimistic that loot was fixed.  Its not.

Welcome back?

(view in My Videos)

Message 10 of 10 (136 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help