Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BW doesn't get it

by NoirNine

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: BW doesn't get it

★★★★★ Guide

@dizassder wrote:

Because if you dont have your javelin stacked GM3 is impossible with some other players. Or if the game just feels like random difficulty at times. One time you play you breeze through, next level it's like you want up two difficulties and you never changed a thing.

I felt like that between the patch before and the last patch with my Storm's shields. Did they fix that?

Message 21 of 45 (171 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I noticed 2 days ago my Ranger HP pool spiked.  Normally have 9 bars but it looked like a mid range colossus lmao - I do believe they fixed it. I am back to my 9 bars.

Message 22 of 45 (161 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

You need to go back and watch each and every live stream they've had.  They've covered nearly every topic you've linked.  I say every livestream because some of these have been ongoing issues they've covered and are covering, that the average player is berating the team with.  

Message 23 of 45 (159 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@buddahcjcc 

Guess I'm just confused by what you're trying to say about the loot comparisons to D3. One minute you're saying D3 took years, and the next agreeing they failed to copy it successfully.

BW copied D3's loot system in that you get a bunch of drops with a bunch of variable inscriptions. But they didn't copy the part that gives you a ton of top tier items to sort through while going for the perfect roll.

So what we basically have right now is Anthem Legendary = D3 Primal, except without the guarantee of perfect rolls on a variable inscription system.

Instead we get Anthem Legendary = D3 Ancient, except the drop rate is still configured like a Primal.

It cant be both. Anthem is both, and that is what they dont get.

Message 24 of 45 (157 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Somewhat. Seems better but not quite fixed. Also, I did get 2 legendaries today. Bit not in any of the Strongholds. 

Message 25 of 45 (132 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure there's a help tip on a loading screen that explicitly states that the fastest way to get better gear is by completing missions.

Message 26 of 45 (118 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

It also says you get better gear from strongholds 

Message 27 of 45 (111 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

It IS an RNG based system.  Strongholds may have a higher potential drop table, but Missions are completed more quickly

Message 28 of 45 (103 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

And that system is based in luck and mine is at its highest. Strongholds are supposed to have higher drop rates, hence the chests. I dont want to argue just stating facts

Message 29 of 45 (75 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@buddahcjcc wrote:

@Kevin949 wrote:

@Banfilidh wrote:

@NoirNine wrote:

Components dropping for Javelins you weren't playing was a symptom of the disease. Yeah, it was frustrating, but doesn't change the fact that the baseline system is still terrible. 

You can absolutely make a strong argument that the loot system is camouflage for a lack of content. But answer this: if they did turn on the loot nozzle, full flood like you want, how long would it take you to have your javelins fully decked out? What then? 

My advice: if you aren’t having fun playing the game, take a break until next month and see what the cataclysm brings.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Diablo 3, honestly.  

after how many YEARS of fixing it?

Oh I know, but here we are with those lessons learned but problems still being repeated.

Message 30 of 45 (70 Views)
Twitter Stream