Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BW doesn't get it

by NoirNine

Original Post

BW doesn't get it

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

BW,

I really don't know what is going on in your offices. I don't know why you refuse to do something about the loot system, or why you refuse to address your community, or why you seem so out of touch with your player base. Just read the patch notes and nothing addressing loot other than fixing a bug with items dropping for Javelins you aren't playing. Pretty pathetic.

For weeks now, the overall conversation has been on the abysmal loot system:

That's just the front page of the forums and doesn't include reddit.

Clearly there is a disconnect between the player base and the developers of this game. Fixing a single bug that made an existing horrible loot system less frustrating is not nearly enough for most players to continue playing. Your patch today after several weeks of player frustration is essentially it sucks a little less now. Lucky us, right?

I love the game. Most people love the game. But for whatever reason, you fail to understand the simple idea that people want to become more powerful while waiting for new content. Maybe you really do think that if people geared up too quickly that they would leave because of a lack of content, but doesn't that just show us that you don't have faith in your content being enough to keep people playing?

Right now, if I could play and actually improve my Javelin for upcoming content then I would still be playing. I had a shred of hope you got it, that I'd see something in the notes today saying "We get it." But you don't.

You don't understand my enjoyment of your game comes from both the content and improving my javelin. I had enough trust in you delivering future content to play and wait for it. I don't have any more trust that you're going to let me improve my Javelin at a rate that makes me say "Wow, I'm having fun and getting better while I wait!"

It's time to crank up the loot throttle and see what happens. Maybe we're wrong and we will leave. Maybe you're wrong and we'll stay. But at this point, do you really have anything to lose?

Message 1 of 45 (854 Views)

Re: BW doesn't get it

★★★★★ Guide

Fixing a single bug that made an existing horrible loot system less frustrating is not nearly enough

and yet that bug is the source of one of those threads you listed as evidence. And another of those threads was talking about legendary drop rates being HIGHER, which they have been (for many of us, anyway).

I think they get it just fine. I had...maybe 8 legendaries this weekend in fairly limited play. Close to one per hour, I think.

Message 2 of 45 (828 Views)

★★ Guide

It's all easier to deal with if you look at the Anthem situation like Destiny year 1, the extended beta

Message 3 of 45 (827 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Components dropping for Javelins you weren't playing was a symptom of the disease. Yeah, it was frustrating, but doesn't change the fact that the baseline system is still terrible. 

Message 4 of 45 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@NoirNine wrote:

Components dropping for Javelins you weren't playing was a symptom of the disease. Yeah, it was frustrating, but doesn't change the fact that the baseline system is still terrible. 

You can absolutely make a strong argument that the loot system is camouflage for a lack of content. But answer this: if they did turn on the loot nozzle, full flood like you want, how long would it take you to have your javelins fully decked out? What then? 

My advice: if you aren’t having fun playing the game, take a break until next month and see what the cataclysm brings.

Message 5 of 45 (808 Views)

Champion

How many percents of the players do you think participate in the discussions?

My guess is most people who dislike the game as much as many of the people starting negative threads on this forum seem to do have moved on to other games. I'm sure I would have instead of wasting my time and filling my own life with negativity.

Most of the casual players who play this game simply because it is fun to them probably won't even check the forums/twitter/reddit much less post anything.

If the small number of people discussing on this forum were a noteworthy part of overall players we probably could stop any further discussion right now.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 6 of 45 (799 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If Bioware had "got it" we would have had a mostly completed game rather than an unfinished mess and most people who have quit would still be playing.

Message 7 of 45 (797 Views)

★★ Guide

@ragnarokfps wrote:

It's all easier to deal with if you look at the Anthem situation like Destiny year 1, the extended beta

No its not. Destiny never had that big issues and the next thing is, Destiny was one of the first games of this kind of genre. 6 years later, i wouldnt accept the same mistakes again, but i also wouldnt accept an even worse state then destiny had in first year. Which is anyway untrue.

Message 8 of 45 (767 Views)

★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

@NoirNine wrote:

You can absolutely make a strong argument that the loot system is camouflage for a lack of content. But answer this: if they did turn on the loot nozzle, full flood like you want, how long would it take you to have your javelins fully decked out? What then? 

My advice: if you aren’t having fun playing the game, take a break until next month and see what the cataclysm brings.

Very long. Because getting legos doesnt mean, you get the right inscriptions. Even Diablo drops legos like sht. Building a high end build will still take ages and tinkering around with different specialized builds would be interesting as well. But that is at the moment 100% IMPOSSIBLE. No one ever can say me he try different specialized lego javs. No way Standard smile And this will also never hapen with this drop rate. Do the math dude.

Message 9 of 45 (756 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This notion that somehow more legendaries equals fully geared up and maxed out in the 6 weeks since launch doesnt make any sense in the context of the inscription system. Just because I get a legendary doesnt mean it fits well into a build.

But more importantly, gearing up and becoming more powerful should be the long game in between waiting for content updates. I continually seek to make my Javelin more powerful in order to participate in the new content. But since there is no difference in reward between gm1 and gm3, we have another symptom of a diseased system. You cant honestly say that speed farming gm1 hor is healthy for the game.

Its really great that someone can play for however long and get however many legendary items. It's not so great that someone else, like me, can play for 50 hours and get plenty of legendaries, but not a single upgrade. Another symptom. I got a legendary doesnt mean anything. I got a legendary that was an upgrade does. 

Because of the inscription system this trickle approach to legendaries is unsustainable in the long run. I dont even care about them adding more items because there are literally a dozen I've never even seen for my Javelin and of the ones I have gotten none have rolled anywhere close to perfection.

If your experience with loot is that it's fine then whoopideedoo. Increasing it doesnt matter to you, but an opinion that it's fine doesnt invalidate an opinion that it's not.

Message 10 of 45 (740 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help