BP challenges dilemma

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

BP challenges dilemma

★★★★★ Expert

So, 7 out of 10 weekly challenges are for the BR mode. And on top of that all three challenges that give one BP level are for BR only. I can reroll the daily challenges for Arenas only, I got 400k tokens so no problem. 

I don't know if Arena gives me the same amount of XP gains for wins/kills and such, I will have to check that later. But this has me a lil worried tbh, if next week it's the same. 

I rely on the challenges to complete themselves automatically as I play along, but I am only playing Arenas so... 

Message 1 of 11 (289 Views)

Re: BP challenges dilemma

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp

Yeah. The BP challenges are a bit "hit and miss" in regards to the S9 changes.

The positives being you get one free reroll a day, now. And you can also pick what mode it's for. Also, each weekly set has the *potential* to award you more stars than it did in S7 & S8.

*However*, the problem arises that many weekly challenges are only done in one mode or the other. Thus, "forcing" people to play in a way that may not suit what they find enjoyable. And the fact that weekly challenges are static (unlike the dailies), this creates issue and partly contradicts the whole point of the other changes for this season (the point being freedom of choice and options).

So, yeah. Now, I'm not sure if feedback such as yours and mine will influence the weeks going forward (like how S7 challenges were altered mid season) or if we won't see any changes until S10, or if the devs just feel the system is perfect the way it is and have no plans to alter anything at all. I guess only really time will tell

Message 2 of 11 (275 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 I don't even do challenges manually. But still manage to complete BP in 9-10 weeks. Rest would complete auto, but now those challenges won't be done because it's in an entirely different mode.

I will see how much levels I gain by the end of this week to better gauge the situation. My prediction is 9 BP lvls

Message 3 of 11 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp

All I can say for now, is try to gear your dailies toward the mode you're playing the most. As for the weekly ones, due your main mode related challenges first and then maybe go to the other mode later in the week or in the season, so you don't burn yourself out on doing either one too much. That's probably how I'll approach it, myself.

Sadly, it's all you can really do for now, unless they make changes to the system based on feedback

All I can say is I would like to choose where to play as much as possible. I get why some challenges *need* to be mode specific. Like "get Top 3 with XYZ Legends". But, like I have a weekly sniper damage task that's Arena only. And a weekly pistol one that's BR only. Like... Why is that a thing? Both of them are accessible/achievable in both modes, I *should* be able to do them in either one I choose.

Message 4 of 11 (258 Views)

Champion
@JonStriker126 Weeklies based on modes is a big mistake. I always complete the BP just through playing and never even look at weeklies. I plan to play both modes but still think it should be modeless.
Message 5 of 11 (243 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BaldWraithSimpWhy i simply rely on pure level gains to level my battle pass. I wont be forced to play or do anything i dont find fun. So may take tad longer just leveling but hey i get to do it my way.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (228 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hayhor

I agree. I just meant there is certain tasks that are impossible to obtain in arena. You can't do "Get Top 10 20 times" in Arena. That's all I meant.

So if they were to go for an all-inclusive system, they would have to get rid of challenges like that.

But even if they kept those very specific ones in, they still could do a lot more. Like I said in my previous comment, I have a sniper damage task for Arena only and I have a pistol damage task for Battle Royale only. Why is that a thing? I should be able to do damage with guns in both modes, there's no reason for that separation.

Message 7 of 11 (197 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@JonStriker126 Agreed, most challenges should be geared for either. especially the top 3 ones that give one BP each.
Message 8 of 11 (182 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp I'm already at 10 lol. I kinda hate that they have arena specific challenges to force people to play if they are OCD & want to complete all the weekly challenges. If the mode is good you shouldn't have to put challenges to force people to play it.
Message 9 of 11 (176 Views)

Champion
@JonStriker126 They could do weeklies that have OR in them to cover both. Say x top 5s in BR or x wins in arenas.
Message 10 of 11 (157 Views)