Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BIG issue for Anthem. PLUSEs vs MINUSEs

by SERAFIN_POL

Original Post

Highlighted

BIG issue for Anthem. PLUSEs vs MINUSEs

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone, after 50h in Anthem I would like to talk about positive and negative contents in the game in order to show BioWor how to improve an Anthem and make this game great. At the beginning, I would like to say that I red many opinions in my country (Poland), and I am going to include it as well.

I am a little disappointed, feel angry on BioWare because they wasted so amazing potential. This game could be one with the best games ever, but it looks like MIX something absolutely amazing in 80% with something * in 20%. Unfortunately these 20% make this game PLASTIC, and  cause I will never fall in love in Anthem. I feel like drinking MIX puree water with mud in proportion 5/1. Even though  I know there is best water in the world, it's unable to drink because 1/5 * content poisons everything.

Anthem looks like MIX few completely different games. The 1st amazing - gameplay which need just few changes, and the 2nd * - OWN Story in Fort Tarsis - I don't feel it, I don't like it, I don't want to see it in this way. Even Forge looks like the third different game because of loading screen.

Now, let's talk about advantages and disadvantages. Mainly, I will concentrate on game mechanic aspects, no bugs etc.

PLUSES in the game (80%):

• Amazing gameplay, this thing give me a lot of fun. 

• Absolutely amaizing graphic, best I have ever seen (I could say a lot about that), but environment looks the same everywhere.

• Perfect flaying system, give me feel like a hero.

• A missions idea.

• Not too much loot in the gameplay, that is really good thing.

• Few other things.

MINUSES in the game with feedbacks (20%):

• Biggest cancer in Anthem is Fort Tarsis as a 2nd different game, which is mainly reason to create a lot of loading screens and make world PLASTIC/FAKE. Because of that I don't feel life in this game, I don't feel I exist in this game. FPP camera sucks, I can’t jumping, moving slow/ploddingly. Why I chose my character picture if I have never seen it latter ? It doesn’t make a sense. There is no life in the city, each NPC stay in the same position etc. I am not going losing my time to describe what is wrong in Fort Tarsis because this * 2nd game must be kicked off from the game ASAP. Maybe creating character and give us jumping, moving freely in the city, especially camera behind like in the gameplay could a little improve this situation in short distance. Finally it have to be kicked off, and you need to create new bigger Ford Tarsis, connect it with all world like integral content. Other way you will never dispose of huge amount of loading screens.

• Huge amount of loading screens…

• Limited fly altitude. OMG why have you kicked so good world. Where was the problem to give us feel like a hero. Give us climb/fly on the highest pick of the mountain in the game, and take a look for this absolutely ,beautiful amazing world, take a picture on views. It cause huge PLASTIC as well as entry to caves/tombs. Is it a joke? You were able to create so amazing world but you were not able connect it as an one content ? Caves with loading screens ? - maybe 10 years ago it could be ok, but not today !. I played your game “Dragon Age” 10 years ago and there were no loading screens, but 10 years latter you give us game with loading screens – why ?… These all things  have significant impact how I feel reality in the game's world. I want to feel - I life in this world. Fly everywhere. Of course, it has to be limited but good God, not like that. It could be limited by fuel consumption/engine hot lvl. Just give us feel world without PLASTIC limits. Or maybe because of Ford Tarsis ? Next reason why you should kick off this * 2nd game !. I wish to see loading screens only when go to strongholds, specific missions by Matchmaking, PvP matches. Nothing more ! 

• World size is a joke. It’s so small . I am able to fly through all the map in 5 min. It should be like just ONE district. Basically it looks like one district. I would like to see much more: desert terrain, see terrain, frozen mountain terrain ( maybe some huge mountains with one really huge, like half of actually world map), maybe some disaster terrain, some urbanized terrain, destroyed urbanize terrain. Many options in this case. Add “spatiotemporal tunnels” to fast travel in the huge world without loading screens , something what you already created !  and it is your amazing an innovative idea. Of course mark their localization in the world map.

• Only 4 players on the world map. Create open world with up to 30 players on the map.

• Teleporting to mission area (during missions) is plastic but good thing. 30 sec is to less, change it for 60 sec. because it generate unnecessary loading screen. Even though I am not too lazy and follow the mission, sometimes there is just few second not enough. I wondering why sometimes teleport time is 30 sec,  other time 6 sec. From today, sometimes there was not teleport time, other time there still was...

• To fast dialogues. They all talking to fast !!! Sorry but I was not borne with English language. I am interested about story in the game. Even though everything is translated for my language, I am not able to read it enough fast. Especially during gameplay, they talking all the time and when I need to fight ... That all cause pressure on me - fast, read faster. Even in Ford Tarsis sentences are change to fast. Maybe some option in the game menu like - " continue dialogue after press a button could improve this situation", or just a little slower, 30% during gameplay, would be enough I don’t want make this game unnatural.

• Dialogues mostly are about nothing in Fort Tarsis. Usually after 2 min I didn’t remember what we were talking about with NPC.

• Summary after missions. I don't want it, I don't feel it. This is waste of  time – just another loading screen. I want take a look on my character's sheet in any moment of the game and see my loot and exp progress.

• Missions are too short, just few minutes, more time I have to spend in boring Fort Tarsis etc.

• Lack of chat. Players cannot meet each other. Even though during gameplay I can see other freelancers on my screen, I feel alone in this game. Social life does not exist. Create chat ! World chat, channel chat, party chat, whisper chat, that is crucial for social life. Add option invite to party, clan from chat lvl.

• Same loot everywhere is pretty stupid idea. Especially strongholds should have specific kind of loot. Usually a final BOSS drops worst items than typical monsters and that is a pretty bad point of view. He should drop the best specific loot.

• There should be more than only one final boss in Strongholds and every one of them should have specific mechanic to overcame him. If you don’t know mechanic well, party should be wipped. Not only DMG !

• When final BOSS is done, mission is over to fast. Give us to loot items by ourselves, give us have fun from this moment. Give us congratulate each other. Better idea is finish mission after press the button.

• I am almost sure, that sometimes I got better loot in lower difficulty lvl than in higher in Strongholds. What to hell is going on ?

• Descriptions on some equipment are not clear, similar (especially modules). Sometimes I don’t understand where is the difference, how exactly it works. For example let’s take two same lvl modules. One gives 5% more dmg to sniper rifle, other 20% dmg to everything… Choice is pretty simple, but still wondering why ?

• Breakup items in the storage is too slow. Add option to quick mark (left mouse click) items, and next breakup marked items.

• There is a lot of negative chaos on the battlefield. I feel disorientated when monsters appear from nowhere, behind me, and kill me because I was sure that 10 seconds ago I cleared this area. As well as I get a lot of dmg and I don’t know who hit me … how… form where… It cause another unpredictable PLASTIC thing. I know, idea is "monster's waves" but it shouldn't looks like that.

• Ranger support skills are weak. First of all this protection bubble should be all the time around the javelin, not just in small area.

• Lack of option - invite to friends after missions or strongholds.

• Lack of ZOOM in, ZOOM out option. Freelancer is to big on my screen, especially colosus takes 1/4 screen. Don't need to much, just a little in this issue.

• Only kinetic weapon in the game. Create weapon type: energetic, plasma, laser…

• Lack of weapon outfit. Everything looks the same and not fine. Shotgun looks exactly like typical rifle, have you ever seen shotgun in TV ?

• I need to see lvl (or better power) of other players during gameplay. Just before nickname.

• Lack of guilds/clans but I heard that you going to add it.

• Lack of information about looted item. After picking up items show me what is it. Small picture with description in right corner for 5 seconds instead of empty quality information.

• Lack of useful inventory. I need inventory with my looted equipment. I want have option to change/equip weapon during gameplay in every moment.

• Lack of character’s sheet. I want to see in every moment without loading screens my character status/progress, take a look on my lvl, my strength, my defend and  experience progress instead of summary after missions. Many informtion abour my javelin. HP and armor shield value. Show my HP and armor shield value during gameplay as well as monsters information.

• Lack of option – mark your point of destination on the world map. After that game should give my advices/show me the way step by step, how to reach my destination point (like during missions). Because of that, I have to look at world map too often, and to often I lost the way. There is not mini map, but its good thing in my opinion, of course if you will add this option.

• World map is certain/ugly. Looks like crashed mud on the wall. Looks the same for each district (maybe because everything looks the same, hmm…). There should be icons of signature objects, and world map should be definitely more pronounced/clear.

• Starting platform looks like useless place.

• Lack of PvP. I hoped that BioWare will start working and give us great PvP system, but in this situation it will have to wait a little bit longer. When PvE in Anthem will become able to “eat” create PvP. This is your next step to success. Many people wilI not even buy this game because of luck PvP. I personally love PvP and was wondering - buy Anthem without PvP or not. I don't want even think that BioWare will lose so amazing potential for great PvP in Anthem. Agree with other who don't even want PvP - you should concentrate on PvE right now. But don't wait too long when most people will leave this game. Just PvP can give us highest fun and best emotions. Hope to see PvP this year. For me this is very important thing to do in the game, just after repair PvE. I could talk about it a lot. It is essential to be created. I will write about how I see PvP in the game later because atm. you have other job to do.

• Create something like paragon level in Diablo 3. After reach 30lvl give us reason for next exping. We could spend extra points to improve javelins (more hp, more armour shield, more protection, more dmg etc…), but it will be much less significant than between lvl 1-30. Somebody with paragon lvl 1 will be significantly weaker than someone with paragon lvl 100. Maybe add some weapon gem system as well, give us improve our weapon, but it should not be easy… Give us new goals in the game, sense for playing and killing stronger and stronger monsters.

Summary:

Biggest issue for Anthem ATM is to give game  20-30% more MMORPG content and this game will be absolutely hit. In this order kick off this 2nd * mini game - Fort Tarsis, it is crucial to reach a success for Anthem. I know that you put on it so much work, but it is biggest mistake, horrible cancer, wasted time. That will be most difficult decision and thing to do. But if you will not do it, Anthem will never become amazing game, you will never kick off so many loading screens in every step. It will never become one integral world which give us feeling - I am integral part of this world. Create new bigger Ford Tarsis and connect it with rest of the world, like integral content. Maybe I prefer to fly in Ford Tarsis on my javelin and have my OWN Story in this way, see other players around (in many games we have own story and see life around, other players around in the city). Maybe Ford Tarsis should have something like magnetic bubble and we should park our javelins before we go into the city – “ I don’t know” But what I know, that it  should be ONE HUGE INTEGEAL WORLD without loading screens. Create channels (world) where  can exist up to 30 players in same time, not only 4. Give us see these channels before loading to the game, with different difficulty lvl. If you don't want too many players in one location, do grinding more than 4 players together noneconomic in exp. and loot. 

I can see how much work have you put on this game. You did a lot of great job in many aspects in the game but also many mistakes. There is so many things to change and add, that I don’t even know what is better,  repair or create new game like Anthem 2, but who will want to buy it after this disappointment, and who will want to wait so long in hope?. How much time will you need guys to put 3-4x more content in the game and repair all bugs, all changes if you needed 6-7 years to create Anthem…

Best thing what you can do right now is invest you money from sales, on hire new talented developers who will help you ASAP. You don’t have much time, maybe 6 months and people will forget about Anthem. If you do it in right way, you will reach a success and earn a lot of money from sales DLCs, but first you need to get back our trust. Great example can be Elder of Scroll Online (they had a weak start, maybe not as weak as you have guys, but now they have millions of players and a lot of money from DLCs.) Unfortunately at the moment nobody will buy you DLC because nobody want life in PLASTIC world with many bugs and constrains. BioWare, you must pay for wrong decisions and after that have profits in money and our good opinions, Sorry !.

The end:

At the end I would like to say,  that we write these all negative things because we see amazing potential in this game. Because we want a great success for Anthem. BioWare, I wish you a success. I hope that my and all of us time to help you will be not lost. So, go to work BioWare, show us that you CAN !!!

Message 1 of 11 (443 Views)
Highlighted

Dot.: BIG issue for Anthem. PLUSEs vs MINUSEs

★★ Apprentice

What is your opinion about that guys ?

Message 2 of 11 (333 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
80% good = 7 points
20% bad = 36 points

You sure know what's the difference between good and bad ?
Message 3 of 11 (322 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

How is ‘not too much loot in gameplay’ a good thing. I hope to god EA/Bioware do not listen to your dribble or we will NEVER see Anthem in a good state. 

Message 4 of 11 (316 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bistoory  napisałAngel:
80% good = 7 points
20% bad = 36 points

Yes, I wrote that I could give a lot of positive points. Anthem include 80% positive content. Don't you agree with that ?

My target in this post are minuses. What should be added or changed to improve  Anthem.

Message 5 of 11 (289 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

@Bistoory  napisałAngel:
80% good = 7 points
20% bad = 36 points

Yes, I wrote that I could give a lot of positive points. Anthem include 80% positive content. Don't you agree with that ?

No sorry,  I don't, only the flying and gameplay are good in this game.

Message 6 of 11 (283 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

What about world graphic ? Is it weak in your opinion ?

Message 7 of 11 (275 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

Well, I didn't pay to watch a movie, but to play a game, so I don't really care that's it's beautiful if in the end the game is bad.

Message 8 of 11 (261 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bistoory  napisałAngel:

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

Well, I didn't pay to watch a movie, but to play a game, so I don't really care that's it's beautiful if in the end the game is bad.

Okay, I can see your point, but I'm trying to explain you, why I said there is 80% good content, and 20% weak in the game. Because plus gameplay is not = lack of chat , or lack of useful inventory. Gameplay is like 100 points on + , lack of chat is like 10 points on -. Beautiful graphic is like 80 points on +, nowadays it is very important. That why I said the game is in 80% on plus. Of course they need fix all bugs, add a lot of endgame content , especially PvP. But this game has amaizing potential to be better and better... That is my opinion.

Message 9 of 11 (251 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@lengy19  napisałAngel:

How is ‘not too much loot in gameplay’ a good thing. I hope to god EA/Bioware do not listen to your dribble or we will NEVER see Anthem in a good state. 

Yes, would you like to pick up huge amount of items after killing every monster ? I don't. ATM it is perfectly as for amount, of course they need to do something with quality and give us aims to play in higher difficult level. Higher lvl should give us better equippment, not the same... Especially Bosses in strongholds should give the best,  rare specific items, not the same like typical monsters.

Message 10 of 11 (218 Views)
Twitter Stream