Re: BFV Maps Feel Flat

by 235Nuke

Original Post

BFV Maps Feel Flat

★★★★★ Novice

As a long-term BF player that has played all games since BF Vietnam, I've realised what it is about BFV Maps which make them less engaging than they should be.  The maps are flatter and allow less freedom to roam. 

By that I mean there are some very interesting feature such as castles on cliffs which are just out of reach and towers which do not have an entrance to access, or areas which are out of bounds simply because they are deemed to be to high!?

The excitement from feeling fully free to roam has been muted by all of these out of bounds areas.

For BF6 bring back the freedom that came with parachuting from a plane to a cliff top, sniping an enemy then dropping in to capture a flag.  

Message 1 of 5 (624 Views)

★★ Novice

I was playing bf4 for the first time a couple months ago and I can't tell you how bad Golmud Railway Is. The map Is flat and I mostly find myself running more than killing.

Message 2 of 5 (579 Views)

★ Novice

Golmud railway is one of the worst maps IMO

Message 3 of 5 (538 Views)

There will always be good and bad maps but thr gameplay carried me through it all for the most part. I will say though, there are a few maps I just don't get a "battlefield feeling" from; can't say what it is really.

My biggest issue is still visibility however, and it can sometimes take me out it. Huge, open maps are fine as long as there are a bunch of vehicles - I don't particularly enjoy marathon running between flags

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 5 (516 Views)

★ Guide

Big maps need lots of transport vehicles so your not trying to dodge sniper bullets running from point to point.  Unfortunately there is't enough transports on large maps, and the exit animation adds away to much risk to use them in combat situations.  I have found some large maps provide great infy experiences in small sections.  The C,D and E part of Panzerstorm and E,F,G of Hamada have great cover for moving around.  Unfortunately the rest of the maps are too open, and leave you vulnerable to tanks, planes, and snipers.  I've found I really like in between E and F on Provence, but when your team holds it and you try to get to A,B,C tanks just shred you.  All I can say is to you medic players that give me smoke to run in Thank you, and I'll always have a support crate for you to reload your smoke nade launcher lol.

Message 5 of 5 (506 Views)