Re: BFV Feedback/Suggestions

by jambi208

Original Post

BFV Feedback/Suggestions

★ Novice

First, I'd like to start off with the good; all the little things really make this game stand out. The panicked breathing from a grenade in close proximity...counting your kills under your breath as Recon...the dynamic weather storms...it's the best Battlefield I've played yet. The destructibility of the environment is great, and the gun-play is excellent. The maps are designed well, though I think they could be larger...Panzerstorm was a very nice addition.

There are some things I would recommend adding/changing though.

Suppression - Feels very weak/useless. As Support, I feel as though I should be able to rely on suppressive fire to allow my team to get from cover to cover, or pin down an enemy...but as it is, it just paints a target over my head and leading to me dying shortly thereafter...usually killed by the enemy I was 'suppressing'. I am unsure what to recommend other than making the Suppression effect more intense, as right now it doesn't suppress anything.

Bipods - For the record, I haven't used bipods since the last big update...but my prior experience with them can be summed up with one word....frustrating. They are very finicky, and tend to undeploy/redeploy from the smallest movements. I will often start tracking an enemy, open fire, and then a moment later m bipod will fold up, making my bullets hit nothing...resulting in me usually dying while trying to set up the bipod again. They're just unreliable, and it's horrible.

TTD - The frustrating death behind cover. Many times I have died thinking I had just made it into cover, to die a second later. Obviously this is a bigger issue than a simple fix, but this is one of the biggest detractors from the game.

Squad Size - Increase back to 5? I think it would promote more balanced squads and allow for some redundancy. Miss it from BF4 and BF1

Hardcore - Where is it? I long for Hardcore mode and hope it makes it's way into the game soon...

Rentable Servers - Where is it? I wish to see some Pistols Only servers again. Note: Please add the option to control weather with this......I would love to join/create a server which is guaranteed to be nothing but snow/sand storms.

Assault/Support Class - It might just be me, but I feel like some of the gadgets are a bit mismatched. Personally would prefer to see the Sticky Dynamite and AT Grenade Launcher gadgets switched. Also, I think the Engineer Combat Role should have increased explosives inventory. But that's just me.

Factions - It was disappointing to only see the Brits and Gerries at launch, but hope there's plans to throw in some of the other powers! I think the Americans and Soviets should be next priority....though I know many people want to see the Pacific theatre get some attention (everyone wants to go back to Wake Island).

Weapons - Would really enjoy some more weapon diversity...the more the merrier, you know? I think adding some more Anti-Tank gadgets would be awesome, like the Panzerbuchse 39, Panzerschrek, and the Bazooka. Also would like to see some infantry flame-throwers.

Class Weapons - I, like many I've seen, aren't 100% satisfied with the weapons available to each class. I think shotguns should be an all-class weapon, and Medics should get Carbines in addition to SMGs. Also, I think another all-class weapon type should be added, in pistol carbines, (pistols with stock), ie Mauser C96, Hi-Power w/ stock, Luger P08 w/stock, etc.

Browning Hi-Power - A bit nitpicky but why is there no Hi Power!? It was used by both the British and the Germans (as the Pistole 640(b)). I do sincerely hope it is added at some point, because it's a beautiful pistol that deserves some video game representation.

Additional Idea - New Gamemode....Epic Battles. Increased player count, more vehicles, larger map...could be something awesome!

Message 1 of 4 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The Hi-Power is an excellent suggestion.  I hope to see that soon!

Message 2 of 4 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think each faction should have its own load out locked eg so you can equip you German classes with German weapons etc if you so wish 

Message 3 of 4 (734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I'd love to see Battlefield 5 delve deeper into the less covered parts of the war, like Japanese-Americans that fought in France (442nd-most decorated unit in American history, fought in Italy, France and Germany. I've never seen them in a video game or in the media. China vs Japan? That would be really interesting! The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising would be great. Perhaps, as an unlockable reward, you can have a level where players can fight Nazi soldiers as partisans in Eastern Europe. With the war stories in BFV, you educate the gamer on some of the unknown aspects of the war (at least in the West, or US)-like the Thiralleur. That was amazing to learn about. You should continue down this road!

Message 4 of 4 (514 Views)