BF 5 vehicle upgrade system is a rubbish

by WethDeath

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I want to play the planes, but I buy this game so late,

all my plane lv 0, but when I try to play, I must defend LV max fighter attacks, 

how can I upgrade my planes?

even using the same fighter, my turning may even weaker than my enemy

I get no kills, so how I upgrade my planes?

same to tanks,

what I can do?

I really love the feeling to have triple and even 4 kills in roll, 

but most of my time is killing by fighters when spawn...

I don't even care you release some plane upgrade packages need for pay, but you should solve this problem

Message 1 of 11 (1,536 Views)

Re: BF 5 vehicle upgrade system is a rubbish

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WethDeathThis has unfortunately been an issue for a while and it's something even people who've been playing longer than you are facing, since they recently released new US planes recently which we need to level against enemy planes which are usually fully ranked.

For the fighters that have them you can try spamming flares over objectives, as that should net you some points, but otherwise you're best targeting bombers for the points. It's also worth trying to stay near friendly planes in the hopes they'll help you out when someone is on your tail.

It could be worth checking out some manoeuvres on YouTube and the PilotsOfBattlefield Reddit community too.

If you persevere you will get there though, I'm sure 🙂

(Edited for spelling etc)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 11 (1,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

My advice is to keep practicing and to level up your planes & tanks the best you can. Once you level up vehicles you can add specializations to them in your Company. This will really help make your vehicles stronger, faster, and more accurate. I hope this answer was helpful!

Message 3 of 11 (1,499 Views)

★★ Novice

Whole system reeks of potential monetization to be honest,

Game separates every single vehicle into it's own per faction category, forcing players to use every vehicle for every Faction to Rank up the Class of Vehicle per faction only.

What ever happened to Ranking up the whole Category, such as MBT, IFV, Attack Jet, Fighter Jet, Mobile AA such as seen in Battlefield 3 and 4, that way if you never got a chance to get into a Sherman, but you always got into a Panzer IV, you would rank up that category of Vehicle not just the faction vehicle.

Message 4 of 11 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

So what? It just increase players playing time of this game, but it is no benefit for players...

I am tired after working, i just wanted some relax in game, but why all games need me to be work in game, either upgrading or earn credits???????

Message 5 of 11 (1,421 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@WethDeath I understand where you're coming from but not every player that has their plane leveled up is unemployed and plays the game non-stop. I work, come home and spend time with the wife and with the time I have left, jump on BFV and grind.

The game is meant to be challenging, if you took the easy way out and paid for a shortcut, it would only rob you of the feeling of satisfaction you get when you accomplish the task.

The other thing to note that while specializations do help for specific things, an upgraded plane has just as much armor as a non-upgraded plane and same applies to tanks. If you want to turn quicker sure, leading edge will help a little but it mainly comes down to skill, anticipating where the enemy will be and your in-game settings.

Try not to get yourself down, honestly practice makes perfect and like @ElliotLH said, you can always check Youtube for videos. I hope this has helped reassure you that you will get there in the end, just don't stress yourself and dont try take the easy way out, you'll only be robbing yourself of self achievement Standard smile
Message 6 of 11 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

Every planes are different,. But i rather to have some *achievements* than perks to upgrade

No matter what games, it need a "game fair"

It may be fair at the beginning, since all players are newbie with lv0 planes to play.

But it is already so long from this game release, 

New players must upgrade their plane to against lv max plane.

I have tested that, some fighter can use their ungraded weapon to spawn kill bomber, even the tankyest bomber still dead in one round...(somehow i like the spawn system of war thund.. the spawn height of fighter and bomber is different)

Besides, the skill tree system is some how block the diversification, for another gun game (MW) you know?

I may accept their lv up system, it upgrade guns with increase accessories

Have you imagine, if you can playing a bomber with8 fire bomb(i dont know what is called) and 1 4000pounds bomb in bf5?

It seems to be fun

Finally, i dont know what i am talking now...

But basically, bf5 can be improved...

Message 7 of 11 (1,395 Views)

★★ Novice

Man I'd love a mode like air assault or tanks only mode as It could help a lot of players level up their vehicles. Not sure bfv doesn't have the mode but the others do.

Message 8 of 11 (1,363 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll admit I have no problem going through a grind, only problem I have is the way the vehicle XP Ranking system has been changed from the Previous Titles, which was a much more universal and all round better approach, like I said, if I rank up a Medium Class Tank, all my Medium Class Tanks should Rank to that Level, I hate trying to sit in the Spawn Menu waiting for a Vehicle so I can spam it to try and Level up, plus if you end up on the same faction every time, you never get the chance to Rank up the other vehicles of the same category.

I hope this system does not make a return to the next Battlefield, and it goes back to the BF3/4 approach.

@Auxilirite_PSNNo there is currently no Mode like that in this game, and there won't be one as content support has ended.

Message 9 of 11 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have play the game for months but still no full upgrade all vehicles and planes and still keep using those not full upgrade weapons to fight , so maybe you still have a chance ? Anyway the upgrade system in BFV is way better than previous series and Battlefront 2 .

Message 10 of 11 (1,309 Views)