Re: BF 2042 takes 5th ranked game for PS5

by Zoikon

Original Post

★ Pro
@Stew360 Yeah Murray did a great job, he actually put in the hard work and finished the game to be what it whas marketed to be and more.

Now Dice needs to do the same, 2042 whas marketed as a BF3/BF4 successor when it clearly is not.
Message 31 of 72 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Stew360 well if I look at the steam player count it was also never exactly alive except right after release. It had many players in the beginning and then dropped hard. It was never able to recover. The game had some peaks after the updates but was never able to hold players long-term.

So your example was actually quite good - Battlefield 2042 will share a similar fate. In my book 3000-6000 or even 10000 steam players are not a success, especially for an AAA-title like Battlefield. Also, Hello Games is a small developing studio - DICE on the other hand is a big studio with a different and more solid capital structure behind. I think that EA and DICE have bigger aspirations than this small studio. Moreover Battlefield is a series with a regular release scheme whereas the other title was a single release with no successor, that is also a big difference. 

EA and DICE will rather depreciate the game and develop a new one instead of putting a lot of passion and money in 2042 trying to save it for a handful of people. If a game's repetition is that bad it will never be repaired completely. Most players will not even care any more because they have moved on to other titles. 

Message 32 of 72 (218 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Blackidus Ah, BF2 was so much fun competitive! Maybe I've fought you, we ranked 7th in european league on year. We used to use a software to draw out different strategies and possible events to prepare and stuff.
I agree, hours are irrelevant.
Message 33 of 72 (217 Views)

★ Pro
@Zoikon Sadly I never played BF2 competitive, did ypu play any BF1942?
The clan I whas a member of whas called "Omega TGN", a Swedish clan.

We also used to draw out our battleplans but at that time the only software we had whas MS Paint, but it still worked Standard smile
Message 34 of 72 (208 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Blackidus There as never been rock paper scissor ever in Bf games Ever .. what are you even talking about ?

Also classes system are in portal you want it play it
Message 35 of 72 (192 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Blackidus They never said it would be a carbon copy of bf3/4 and now you just reveal who you truely are lol 😆 thanks for that its gold ..

You started playing in BF3 and see BF4 as " gold standard " dont you ?

Hardcore BF2 players hated BF3 and 4 .. they called it the COD bf ..
Message 36 of 72 (186 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Stew360 "dynamic weather and destruction are certainly impressive to say the least" you can't HONESTLY tell me that they have even remotely played this game let alone enjoyed it..
this statement is entirely false and factually incorrect
Message 37 of 72 (183 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Blackidus I was a kid when BF1942 was released , so no! xP
Ouch, MS paint nice! The software was very simple, click and drag icons, draw pathways etc.
@Stew360
That's claim is BS! I'm not falling for your bait man...
Message 38 of 72 (181 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Stew360 Nope,
Hardcore BF2 player myself, and I loved BF3 and 4...
Message 39 of 72 (178 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EmineNc33 He got to be trolling, right?
Dynamic weather?? It's a sandstrom, which in reality is a simple fog event. And then it is the silly thunderstorm. None of them actually affect anything but visuals. Yes ok, you get teleported a few meters.
Message 40 of 72 (173 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help