Re: BASIC PATCH NOTES

by stukapooka

Original Post

★★ Expert
Message 11 of 26 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Yeah it seems kinds meh overall with a lot of busted characters gettimg overlooked at the moment.
Message 12 of 26 (706 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Shadowphinx101Seems ok as an update but a lot of ridicoulos upgrades and characters seem to have been ignored though I'm glad chomper and scientist are getting looked at.

Private play has a lot of the same features of gw2 but I hope they improved ai behavoir such as spawning in minions or doing objectives in ops.

After reading the notes in game I gotta say the one I disagree with the most is only buffing imps fire rate and range, what about his damage or the problems with his mech and its explosive range?

Also this isn't the first time wizard was proclaimed to be fixed so I'm nervous.

Is the horde mode just a weekly event or an actual gamemode now?

Message 13 of 26 (702 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@OB1-The-Only-One yep. I still refuse to play until they really balance this game. I like coming to the forums to read others opinions still, but that's it. The bots/steam blaster/branium basher did it for me. Maybe if they rework night cap I might feel compelled to try again, she's like the worst plant now and they won't leave her alone. Oh, and add crossplay.

Message 14 of 26 (646 Views)

★★ Pro
@Shinobicap same. I could handle all the consecutive nerfs they did on nightcap since founders but they just demolished her during last upgrade. And I think they did this to compensate for piercing power, which I'm sure isn't used as much as they were anticipating. Make nightcap great again!
Message 15 of 26 (606 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@mikepal19  it bothers me the most that they reduce the width of her primary.

Message 16 of 26 (581 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@mikepal19 Piercing is practically nonexistent because everyone is sprinting around the maps and there are less players in non turf gamemodes leading to less situations to where it could actually be of use against most enemy players grouping up in a game where that usually gets them killed and unlike gw2 mob cob nightcap dosent have that awesome sound design or tommy gun weapon look.
Message 17 of 26 (570 Views)

Champion

@Shadowphinx101  Thank you for sharing these upcoming patch notes. I was wondering when these patch notes were coming out. I like the sound of the buff to Shogun-Guard. Also, the changes to Chomper and Steam Blaster Scientist sound quite great as well.

Hopefully, this Private Play will turn out great as well, I enjoyed it a lot back in GW2. 

I wonder if there’s gonna be more patch notes, hopefully so. I’m liking the look of many of the changes so far but I really hope there are more to come, even if minor. Standard smile

Message 18 of 26 (543 Views)

★★ Pro

@Shinobicap Dunno, I think it bothered ME the most. I still play with her but it's such a significant nerf that you have to play her COMPLETELY different

@stukapooka agreed

Message 19 of 26 (537 Views)

★★ Pro
Unrelated but I don't think spending development time on making cool new modes is worth it, from a player perspective and from a business perspective. New characters is what gets the views and brings people back into the game. We may not even get Iceberg/Berry until like December. Rainbow stars prove that people will play weekly modes, and there are good weekly modes that are simple. People love Funderdome TV so they can do that once a month.

I just don't get it, when new characters take 9 months to produce I don't think it's wise.
Message 20 of 26 (434 Views)