Re: Awful lag Xbox one

by SpyrosFPS

Original Post

Awful lag Xbox one

★★ Apprentice

Since the update I’ve had terrible lag in every game. I’m getting downed before even hearing shots go off or seeing the enemy. I don’t have bad internet and I haven’t had this problem before. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes? Or just gotta wait for a patch?

Message 1 of 6 (296 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Before you start playing, do you select the data centre closest to your location? To do this just go to homescreen. Wait 2 mins before pressing ‘A’ to continue to where you see your character. Press start and then press B. Click right analog stick and select the data centre with lowest ping.

Maybe that’ll help!
Message 2 of 6 (282 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Koochi-QYou are a Legend! 😁 My games are pretty stable but thanks for the information.

I found that I'm in Salt Lake City with 237 ping and 2 packet loss.
I live in Greece. I can see with 0 Packet loss the best ones are Belgium Gc2 Gc3 97 ping, Amsterdam 98 ping, Belgium Gc1 100 ping and London 104 ping. Numbers are changing and new locations with even lower ping might appear. Also if i restart the game it keeps selecting Salt lake City with high ping.

Anyway i'll try London! xD

Message 3 of 6 (271 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Glad I could help. Yea I also sometimes get put in Salt Lake servers with over 200 ping and I’m like ‘why?!’ But I always do this to have the most stable connection.

Weird connections!
Message 4 of 6 (261 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Respawn should put this in game options and able to keep the selected data center. Come on!!
Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q That doesn’t do anything if someone from asian plays in the EU servers EU players suffer because they lag all over the place and it benefits them
Message 6 of 6 (197 Views)