Avoid 144 FPS cap (PC)

by HypnotikJester30

Original Post

Avoid 144 FPS cap (PC)

★★★★ Novice

Avoid this 144 FPS cap very easily with the steps below, hope this helps and please tell me what you think!

1. Close Apex Legends (you cannot access launch options if the game is running)
  2. Open Origin
  3. Go to My Game Library and left click on Apex Legends
  4. Click the 'Settings' cog (Under 'Play')
  5. Click 'Game Properties'
  6. Navigate to the 'Advanced Launch Options' tab
  7. In the command line, type: +fps_max unlimited
Message 1 of 7 (5,750 Views)

Re: Avoid 144 FPS cap (PC)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @HypnotikJester30.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (5,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Higher frames than your monitor Hz causes lag input to the game (while g-sync or free-sync), could you explain why is "better" to have "unlimited" frames?

Message 3 of 7 (5,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@P0werEdge, If your FPS is higher then your refresh rate of your display, your display will not be able to produce all the frames your computer is putting out. So in theory, your display does set a cap, but it does not limit the frame rate. So to answer your question sometimes it is not better to have unlimited FPS.

Message 4 of 7 (5,639 Views)

★ Novice

This does not work for EA app - still capped at 144 FPS. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,852 Views)

★ Pro
@HypnotikJester30 I actually have my FPS capped at 144 for consistency.
Message 6 of 7 (1,834 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (1,810 Views)