Autoexec

by Sp4ceb4lls

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Autoexec

★★★★★ Guide

I see people using autoexec file to remove all kinds of stuff in game ... is this bannable? 

Message 1 of 16 (7,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Autoexec

[ Edited ]

Hey!

Modifying files that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify is bannable.

If detected action can be taken towards your account.

Source: EA User Agreement

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (6,922 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

@Sp4ceb4lls 

Yes it is bannable that is modifying files which is against any and all terms

Message 2 of 16 (7,053 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@Sp4ceb4lls 

Yes it is bannable that is modifying files which is against any and all terms

So why are this people not banned yet?

Message 3 of 16 (7,048 Views)

★ Guide
Why is it even allowed? Any file modification should be detected and cause the game to shut down with a warning.
Message 4 of 16 (7,001 Views)

★★ Guide

@ClifraJones wrote:
Why

Determination. Trying to figure out what is and what isn't a cheat.

There's a bunch of programs, doing a bunch of stuff, and so if you set anticheat parameters too high you'll have all kinds players getting banned for nothing at all.

I'd suggest finding a way for the servers to perform file checks on a connected clients game files but the servers are clearly overburdened enough.

Message 5 of 16 (6,994 Views)

★ Guide

@xTomboyRespecter wrote:

@ClifraJones wrote:
Why

Determination. Trying to figure out what is and what isn't a cheat.

There's a bunch of programs, doing a bunch of stuff, and so if you set anticheat parameters too high you'll have all kinds players getting banned for nothing at all.

I'd suggest finding a way for the servers to perform file checks on a connected clients game files but the servers are clearly overburdened enough.

The should be doing file checks. The only PC game I play does this. Any changes to files that should be static causes th game to abort with a warning and the server is notified. To many attempts at modifying files and you get banned. Granted, this is a subscription game so it costs money tpo play every month.

Gross oversight on Respawns part not ot have somethng in place at launch. Not they are stuck playing catch up to the hackers.Not an easy task

Message 6 of 16 (6,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the only good thing at autoexec is u can turn off shadows, leav the rest like it is.. u can lower actually even more the graphics if u really want that fps.. btw as far i know i didnt saw anything from EA where they told us autoexec is a ban reason, most people cry about the muzzle thing, if u ask me it makes the game worst i cant play without it... i did try it for one game, i did have a hard time spoting people on longrange... so the only thing i do use is preload, shadow_enable 0, disable_bloom 1, fps_max 0

Message 7 of 16 (6,946 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey!

Modifying files that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify is bannable.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 16 (6,923 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Hey!

Zeelmaekers

well just have a look on twitch, almost everyone is using autoexec to remove stuff from the game and because of that people are copying them ! monkey see monkey do ! 

Message 9 of 16 (6,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sp4ceb4lls whats the point of shadows? since u did say monkey see monkey do... are u in a disadvantage if i don't do, actually not.. i can't see ur shadow if u are on the top of the building or u are landing behinde me or stuff like like that... i am in a disadvantage actually at that point, still i don't want them in the game they do take the most of the fps...

Message 10 of 16 (6,874 Views)