Re: Auto sprint??

by KK_l3gendki11a

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Auto sprint??

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Will there be a auto sprint in 2042 like Apex legend have?

Message 1 of 12 (7,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

I need to double-check but I'm pretty sure BFV allows you to double-push the left stick forward for Sprint as well - it's not the most fluid control but should be fine. I assume 2042 will have the same option; I'm hoping there would be a true auto sprint feature so I can bind the click to something else entirely.

I would advise against trying to manually remap move/sprint to the same input and changing toggle to 'hold' - I did this a while back and have nothing but problems. You might be able to get away with remapping sprint to reload or something you always use

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (6,950 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@KK_l3gendki11a wrote:

Will there be a auto sprint in 2042 like Apex legend have?

Hi @KK_l3gendki11a ,

You posted exact same question/subject 36 hours ago and got your replies already...?   Even one of which you marked as 'solution'.  ;o)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Settings/m-p/10555855#M10795

DuplicateQuestions.JPG

Message 2 of 12 (7,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CyberDyme It wasn't the answer i was looking for sorry
Message 3 of 12 (7,080 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@KK_l3gendki11a Well Apex Legends is garbage but BF usually has double tap for sprint which is very convenient . Usually it just need enabled in the settings.
Message 4 of 12 (7,027 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GRiPSViGiL I know but I can't because my disability that why auto sprint would be good.
Message 5 of 12 (7,009 Views)

@KK_l3gendki11a I wonder if it might be possible to bind both forward and sprint to the same keybind on PC. I know a few games that allow this but they aren't exactly AAA. That is assuming you play on a PC.
Message 6 of 12 (6,985 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@KK_l3gendki11a wrote:
@GRiPSViGiLI know but I can't because my disability that why auto sprint would be good.

Hi again @KK_l3gendki11a ,

There have been the standard options in EA BF games for this since BF4.  It works for all platforms, including for the consoles.

Here is the standard setting, which enables you to sprint if clicking once down on the L3 stick/key button for running:

SoldierAutoSprint.JPG

And the other alternative is simply by holding the forward button to move your soldier forward, then it will automatically start to sprint forward:

SoldierAutoSprint2.JPG

Would this suffice or maybe you then could share a bit more about your situation with us?

Are you on PC or on Console, as aka PC typically opens up for many ways to enable more features then maybe in each game on its own.  Likewise, also the consoles have several good features to pull from, for any special needs/preferences that you may have. 

Message 7 of 12 (6,978 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CyberDyme I'm on Xbox but the problem I got is that I can't click down to sprint.
Message 8 of 12 (6,969 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@KK_l3gendki11a wrote:
@CyberDymeI'm on Xbox but the problem I got is that I can't click down to sprint.

OK @KK_l3gendki11a ,

I am myself on PS, so not 100% into the Xbox world.  But I do know that you can get controllers where you can program this to work.  Only have to do it once on such controller and you will have the function that you there is asking for.  You simply only need once only to push your L3 all way forward.  Then press it down to click (sprint toggle) while then pressing the ADS button.  From now on, your L3 alone will automatically switch to sprint when pressed forward to run.  You hopefully have a friend or family member around to help you with this initial setting if not able on your own.  Hope this helps you, as this is a sure way also to help you across other games where you may want to simplify the use of buttons to enjoy the game.  

Message 9 of 12 (6,961 Views)

[ Edited ]

I need to double-check but I'm pretty sure BFV allows you to double-push the left stick forward for Sprint as well - it's not the most fluid control but should be fine. I assume 2042 will have the same option; I'm hoping there would be a true auto sprint feature so I can bind the click to something else entirely.

I would advise against trying to manually remap move/sprint to the same input and changing toggle to 'hold' - I did this a while back and have nothing but problems. You might be able to get away with remapping sprint to reload or something you always use

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 10 of 12 (6,951 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help