Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Rush
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20/03/2020
Summarize your bug Audio is flat garbage, can’t hear footsteps, 4 people around me and not one footstep. How can a AAA company not figure this out.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t hear footsteps
What should be happening instead? I hear footsteps

Played for 15 min and quit when I cannot hear footsteps, it’s terrible and with no one at Dice working anymore I’m going to play COD they know how to design a game that works properly.

Message 1 of 7 (872 Views)

Re: Audio is garbage

★★★ Expert
@Bearwolf3000
See also: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Footsteps/m-p/8763084#M25170
And an earlier post 2 weeks ago from yourself: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Footsteps-still-silent/m-p/8812011#M25500

If this bugs frustrates you so much I guess playing COD for a while might be a good remedy.
But double posting things will not solve it.
I agree this should be on the quality of life Trello checker and on the list for another fix .
Message 2 of 7 (834 Views)

★ Pro

Hello @Bearwolf3000,

See if your issue has been resolved. Best regards! - G

If I help then click “+ XP”. And, if I solve your problem, then click “Accept as Solution” on this post. 

Battlefield V - Update 6.2

Implemented a new audio prioritization system in order to reduce occurrences of important sounds being culled due to performance limitations. This results in more controlled and stable behavior for sounds such as vehicles, footsteps and weapons.

Message 3 of 7 (705 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@flyinghorse101 I might triple post it, if you don’t like it don’t read it. Won’t get fixed if you don’t make complaints. I have been playing COD because of all the things wrong with BFV, different game, different play style so come back BF.
Message 4 of 7 (673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Uncensorious I know they did an audio fix that fixed nothing. It’s not stable, vehicles run silent still, so do footsteps, or way to many friendly.
Message 5 of 7 (670 Views)

The last patch did fix a couple of issues I had but yeah, with only so many sounds being allowed at once, things like vehicles and footsteps especially are grating on my nerves

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 7 (635 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TTZ_Dipsy Just had for first time audio was completely gone. Did alt Tab and had audio in windows. Just closed the game and time to enjoy some sun for now.
Message 7 of 7 (570 Views)