Attack keybind should draw weapon

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Attack keybind should draw weapon

★★★ Expert

So....

When you just popped a battery and medkit, and your weapons are holstered your character actually melee attacks when you hit attack/shoot button, or trigger if you're on console.

Dying because someone suddenly showed up when you just used a battery and you press shoot reflexively making you punch the air in front of you really, REALLY sucks.

Dying this way is a regular occurrence and not a one-off every now and then.

Can we please get a setting feature to automatically draw weapon pressing shoot/attack when your weapons are holstered.

Especially considering the fact we have a dedicated melee button/keybind.

I for one am getting pretty fed up with punching air while someone else gets a free kill on me.

Message 1 of 8 (496 Views)

Re: Attack keybind should draw weapon

★★★★★ Expert

I've similiar problem, weapon hoslter, run into building and suddenly bump into enemy and my reflect is to shoot but I simply punch the air and die like an idiot

Message 2 of 8 (483 Views)

★★ Expert
@asukojo yeah, but running into a building with your gun holstered and healing with your gun holstered are totally different. Either way though, pressing attack to draw your weapon = people content
Message 3 of 8 (471 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree. m1 should only fire weapons. They should just remove melee from m1 altogether and keep it to its dedicated keybind. 

Message 4 of 8 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Automatic holstering of the weapon should not exist after a heal or whenever it happens.

Message 5 of 8 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This change would also make the behavior consistent with ziplines, where firing *does* cause a holstered weapon to be drawn.

Message 6 of 8 (404 Views)

Agree with this, "automatically draw weapon pressing shoot/attack when your weapons are holstered."

so many times I died to this unnecessary control mechanic. and also Auto reload.

Message 7 of 8 (385 Views)

★★ Novice

Does EA and respon actually read these and fix issues or is it just a compliment closet to make it feel like we're being heard?

Message 8 of 8 (319 Views)