Re: Asian Lives Matter? #stopasianhate

by EA_David

Original Post

Asian Lives Matter? #stopasianhate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So can we see EA putting a Badge in the game to show awareness for Asian lives matter? They did for BLM why not Asians? Like everything asians go unseen. 

What do you guys think? Should EA do a in game badge to show awareness? What's your thoughts? Comment below.

Message 1 of 9 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@04852005 I was confused that they didn't add the badge, but at the same time, people kept losing their 1-2-3's, and kept demanding the BLM one got removed. Something about BLM being terrorists, political, and something they didn't wanna support, even though all of them got ALL their facts wrong, and for a month, wouldn't stop complaining about it on the fourms, twitter, etc. 7 or so threads got deleted, about 5 got locked here on AHQ.

In terms of fairness, ALM should of gotten a badge, in terms of easy to trigger people, they might as well add a badge for each community type, or change it to ALL lives matter, since people enjoy being a Karen online.
Message 2 of 9 (483 Views)

★ Guide

How about we stop with this political nonsense in our games?!

Message 3 of 9 (458 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Nino_Z the fact that you consider a statement against racisme ''nonsense" says a lot about your character, and none of it good.
Message 4 of 9 (437 Views)

★ Guide
@Major_Headhurt Make your "statements" in your "safe spaces".
I play to relax from idiotic political agenda. You can sugarcoat it in whatever nonsense you like, it doesn't make you seem smart, progressive or whatever else you have told yourself. The only think I see is stupidity. Intelligent people don't need to constantly write "I am not racist" and "X lives matter" and who knows what other idiocy. We just take these facts as self-evident. If you need to repeat to yourself that bad things are bad - do it on your own. The only thing you should conclude from my post is that I am not as stupid as you and don't have to keep reminding myself of what is good and what is bad in all possible ways. I know it intuitively. Oh, and by the way - if someone actually is evil enough to think that the lives of a group of people don't matter - they will not care if some idiots write that they do in a game, or on a badge or wherever else. I know, I blew your mind. I advice you don't read any scientific books, that might actually lead to some sort of brain trauma...
Message 5 of 9 (432 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Nino_Z So you want a "safe space" away from political events?  I'm kidding but the BLM thing was bad because it forced players to carry a badge for something they may not support.

This anti Asian hate thing is fine. I barely notice it.

Message 6 of 9 (417 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Nino_Z holy poop dude you sure have a high opinion of yourself..

why are you this upset about it? for someone who wants to relax from "idiotic political agenda" as you so elequantly put it, you sure do seem to spend a lot of time being upset about a simple statement against racism via a picture in a game.. you could have just clicked it away and moved on but instead here you are crying on the internet about it.

Message 7 of 9 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The problem is that those hastags are just pure hypocrisy. And those who see it, are getting sick of it.

First of all, the whole system is made to take as much energy from people as possible while still allowing them to work. The system doesn't care how you feel or if you belong to minority as long as you can pay taxes. (and lucky you if you are in the minority that lives in a caring society)

Secondly, it's just shortsighted to focus so much on one issue at a time. Can't we instead try to raise quality of life for majority of people through institutional changes: shorter work week, better salaries, more vacation, more maternity leave, LESS GUNS etc. etc. And then society as a whole will become happier place and that will result in less hate.

But december is a month when we do not hate blacks, april is the month when we do not hate asians. C'mon, there are undefinite number of people qualities that are being hatted upon every day, and if would fight them one at a time, we would never get there. We are only making people think that we are solving the problem while actually switching the focus from the broader issue.

Message 8 of 9 (380 Views)

Community Manager

And as ever with political stuff, it devolves very fast.

We'll lock the thread, as this isn't the place for politics. Requesting or giving feedback on specific badges is ok, but politics in general doesn't have a place here. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 9 (367 Views)