Ash - OP or Trash?

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Ash - OP or Trash?

★ Expert

New legends are tough to balance, we get that. Of all the legends introduced since I started playing in Season 4, I think Valk is the only legend who has come in balanced (and even then she had a slight nerf). Of the others:

Loba: Trash - jump drive too unpredicatable and black market took too long to recharge.

Rampart: Trash - we were all scared of Sheila, but realised it wasn't as OP as we thought it was going to be, and that really was all she had (shields are still too easy to destroy during set up, rendering them useless in 50% of circumstances).

Horizon: OP - ruled the meta for half a season before nerfs.

Fuse: Trash - has had three buffs already and still isn't balanced (although I am OP as a Fuse main ;P).

Valk: Balanced - still had to have a small nerf

Seer: OP - ruled the meta for two weeks before being over-nerfed.

So which is Ash going to be?

I think ... trash.

Passive: If you've left a TM's DB behind, surely you are going to be some distance away? Plus, most fights end with the enemy squad being eliminated, so I'm guessing most DBs will reveal very little.

Tactical: A weaker version of Horizon's Ult which scares ... no one. If I can't move I can still shoot you, and my aim is likely to be better than yours.

Ultimate: Wraith's Ult but one-way? Same as Loba's jump drive? Useful as an escape route, but a bit underwhelming.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 68 (1,221 Views)

Re: Ash - OP or Trash?

★ Expert

Actually as a Fuse main I do look forward to being teamed with Ash so I can hurl the KC and Arc Stars at tethered enemies Standard smile

Message 2 of 68 (1,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyOP. Don’t know her abilities, but she’s an intelligent simulacrum. That’s OP by default...+ she has a sword or katana. Can’t go wrong with that

Message 3 of 68 (1,217 Views)

★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffy Not sure about Ash but the only thing i've really noticed in the trailer is that Wattson needs a serious nerf. She's so OP right now.

Message 4 of 68 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Cro_Pittt Please tell me that was sarcasm.  She's been the forgotten legend for tooooo long.

Message 5 of 68 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt She's so strong that she keeps getting killed in every trailer we have for season 11. LMAO!

On a serious note, I think she'll actually be strong. The patch notes will come out in a few hours.
Message 6 of 68 (1,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyI'll reserve my final verdict on the first few days. We'll see some more gameplay of Ash later as embargoes will end later and content creators will show actual gameplay of her.

One thing that is OP about Ash is her thicc robot hips and thighs though.

Message 7 of 68 (1,152 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy It all depends. I think your understanding of the passive is wrong. I thought it shows the team that killed any deathbox so finding weak teams becomes easier.

The tactical could be strong if it can trap multiple people and cannot be destroyed.

And we do not know enough about the ultimate. Is it instant? Does it go through structures or not. I've seen conflicting things.

Timmy claimed she will make wraith obsolete which points to OP.
Message 8 of 68 (1,136 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Somewhat trash, partially depends on player "first week will be filled with noobs, trash ttv's, and tf fanboys"

Passive - useless in arenas, but in br it has hidden bonus the of knowing a possible gun location "useful early match when luck isn't on your side"

Tactical - a little meh, if it works on walls and ceilings and has a call out like decoys or fences, I would love it, "or if it did tick damage", other wise it seems under whelming, like with rev I would generally prioritize a mobile legend to use it against, curious if you can have multiples on field "I know it seems one charge only."

Ultimate - This one annoys me a bit. I'm all for Ash having a solo teleport "provides risk and counter play" but a group teleport is bit much to overcome "imagine last 5 squads and your team is in a building for cover, then all of the sudden, an entire group teleports in behind you and unloads half their ammo while your squad mates hesitate on helping because they aren't sure what happened"

as a teammate she might end up in a similar state as octane "no, not the good ones on youtube, the ones that die after 5 sec of landing or running off."

Message 9 of 68 (1,135 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ash Official abilities 

Some of us don't know about this I guess ?

Message 10 of 68 (1,125 Views)