Re: Armed & Dangerous thoughts.

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

One thing that really stands out about A&D is how differently players seem to behave compared to the basic 'Play Apex' queue. In A&D almost of my teammates have been a pleasure to play with. That is definitely not the case in the 'Play Apex' queue where teammates are often very disappointing.

Message 41 of 53 (505 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Jem450Rtell me about it lol, 2 ays ago, just landed, no armor and there was a guy already killing everyone with his mastiff

Message 42 of 53 (481 Views)

Champion

@warslag  Honestly i agree,I actually managed to nail down a win with a level 4 and 6 squad mate earlier

Their aim was terrible but they stayed in the game and kept other squads busy enough to let me do my thing.

Brilliant ping'ing and coordination from the two of them also.

These 2 set the benchmark for how some of our vets should be behaving, was a real joy to play with them haha.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 43 of 53 (468 Views)

★★★ Expert

I wonder if people will ask for this mode to be brought back after Voidwalker event ends.

Message 44 of 53 (445 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe i think this mode is for test loot spawn.
Message 45 of 53 (424 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ElBirri Or just to see how bad/good people are with precision aim :P
Message 46 of 53 (414 Views)

★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe
This "mode" is nothing more then slightly different preset of squads mode.
Don't compare this preset with solo mode. Solo should be added permanently, but presets like this one can be added 1-2 times a year.
Message 47 of 53 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@SlivPTSSolo was literally a switch of a variable from 3 to 1, so technically A&D beats it in terms of changes. Then, I'd say the limited armor, medkits, shield batteries and weapon choice lead to a more unique experience than solo was, due to the fast ttk and less loot fest. Also, for new players, A&D may feel more rewarding in terms of kills and damage, providing a good reason for having this mode available often or even permanent.

Personally, I'd see both solos and A&D in a rotating list of 4-8 different modes, becoming available once every season or so.

Message 48 of 53 (382 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

@SlivPTSSolo was literally a switch of a variable from 3 to 1, so technically A&D beats it in terms of changes. Then, I'd say the limited armor, medkits, shield batteries and weapon choice lead to a more unique experience than solo was, due to the fast ttk and less loot fest. Also, for new players, A&D may feel more rewarding in terms of kills and damage, providing a good reason for having this mode available often or even permanent.

Personally, I'd see both solos and A&D in a rotating list of 4-8 different modes, becoming available once every season or so.

I already said this, but anyway... after playing this mode I think reducing armor level would benefit "normal" Apex quite a bit (less level 2 armors and reduce purple&gold to a bare minimum per match).

Message 49 of 53 (378 Views)

Champion

@Fr3dY2  I tend to be that guy that finds purple armour in the first area he loots constantly...but yeah i agree with this! Ot adds a little more caution to the game literally forcing players to play smarter or become cannon fodder.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 50 of 53 (292 Views)