Arenas is literally Spitfire Legends

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Arenas is literally Spitfire Legends

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I seriously, legitimately, genuinely hope Respawn is looking at their Arenas data. Antidotal evidence is NOT as valuable as actual data— but it genuinely feels like every team I play comprises 2/3 of the team running the easiest, most forgiving gun in the game. 

Solution: change the price of this gun in arenas.

Message 1 of 18 (538 Views)

Re: Arenas is literally Spitfire Legends

@Axs5626Sxa5001 guilty as charged, love it Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 18 (526 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Not even gonna lie I got my squad and tried a 3 stack spitfire meta every round and we went 3-0. Why are you allowed to get one of the best guns in the game at round 1?
Message 3 of 18 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 My friends and I ABSOLUTELY HATE spitfire users. We usually get rolled by this goons. Eventually we gave up and just used the 3-stack spitfire "meta". Spitfire Legends strat is in full effect for this flash event unfortunately.
Message 4 of 18 (453 Views)

Champion
@Axs5626Sxa5001 I definitely feel like it should cost more than 550. I was definitely guilty of spamming the spitty at first (solely to complete the 10k LMG damage challenge), but I normally just run a re-re and R-tree, and don't really have an issue with spitty spammers. I've noticed they tend to feel invincible, so they stray from cover and are super easy to take down with the 301

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 5 of 18 (445 Views)

Champion
@Axs5626Sxa5001 When facing a team of snipers I usually unleash the spitfire. It is caused by the snipers for me tho.
Message 6 of 18 (436 Views)

★★ Pro
Personally I hate the spitfire, and they don’t really stand a chance against my Havoc with
Turbocharger, they just get melted :D

And if Spitfire is that broken, why don’t you also buy it then? xd
Message 7 of 18 (420 Views)

★★★ Expert

Good gun is a good gun?

Honestly, its the game format.  A spitfire is great in this format, so are characters like Gibraltar. And, as the game is and should really be balanced for Battle Royale, I don't see much of an answer.

However, I have changed lately in round 1 and sometimes round 2 to using the EVA.  It's shorter range, sure, but cheaper and you might be able to save some points.  Again, this is on Gibraltar so he can take it, getting in close with both his body shield and his dome.

Message 8 of 18 (417 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever Oooo eva just rush strat then?
Message 9 of 18 (414 Views)

★★★ Expert

@hayhor With Gibby, yes, I mean aggression in the early rounds pays off I feel.

Gibby is great for nabbing those early materials, he's such a brick for your team too.  Nothing is a guarantee but if you can establish some good mats in the first and/or second round, you could be helping your team a lot.  And a lot of other teams aren't good at making comebacks....I guess it's just human nature.

My ideal team is Gibraltar, Lifeline and Bloodhound.  If not Gibby, I'd go caustic but that's a bit tricker because his gas is more area denial than a pure block.  Fortified is a big deal in Areanas, tho, I find.  And then you know if you've got a Spitfire, a flatline, an EVA, in early rounds you really don't need long range (I just take the P2020 as backup in round 1 :D )

Message 10 of 18 (401 Views)