Re: Arenas >>> BR

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

Arenas >>> BR

★ Expert

I didn't like Arenas at first but now I play it so much I don't like playing BR.

The thing I like the most is that it's a fair fight. No more dropping on a loot bin, picking up a Spitfire, turning around and getting punched to death by an enemy squad.

I also like it as I play different legends on different maps (not saying who and where). The 'Overflow' one took me longest to work out, but I managed it eventually. It took me a while to work out my load outs per round too, but I think I sorted.

I even enjoy the boxing match that takes place at the start of each round.

Message 1 of 10 (296 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy Arenas can be fun but I still prefer BR.
Message 2 of 10 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy Overflow and 1/2 of Mirage Voyage are the only maps I like in arenas. We definitely need some arenas LTMs in the near future.
Message 3 of 10 (256 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EdwardDLuffy

I feel like arenas shooters are typically more “competitively sound” than BR’s or other free for all games. Or at least, they feel more fair.

That’s not to say that BR’s don’t require a tremendous amount of broader skills— they do. Mitigation of RNG is a skill. Managing your ammo and heals are a skill. Thinking about potential third parties is a skill.

But nevertheless, there are often many things that are just out of your control in a BR match. Because of this, I do feel like BR’s are different (and less accurate) measure of skill. The variables in an arena shooter tend to be more controllable, and that makes them more “competitively tight” in my eyes.
Message 4 of 10 (241 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy I like and dislike both modes for their own reasons, but am perfectly content playing either one. It more depends on my mood. If I just want gunfights, I'll hop into Arena. If I want to stretch my legs and roam a bit, I'll run BR. Like you, I feel like I play more Arena now, than when it launched. Definitely looking forward to ranked Arena! Hoping its not broken

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 5 of 10 (234 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Axs5626Sxa5001 I agree with this. Arenas is a more even matchup. I’ve had moments in BR where I’ll fight a team, kill them all, get third partied, kill them all, then get 4th partied. I mean eventually you’re gonna run out of time to heal. I can’t stand killing team then dying to someone who shoots me in the back once
Message 6 of 10 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Arenas solo-q is a worse SBMM than BR xD. 80-90% I’m getting lvl 5-89 players xD. Also facing the same or slightly better so that’s okay, but my golly...

Just finished day 2 challenges for this week... just tomorrow left...

@maximas1986 also tested pc aim assist. I like it. It feels like a narrower window as opposed to ‘adhesiveness strength’. It def needs some practice getting into it tho and I needed to change my whole ALC again... xD
Message 7 of 10 (207 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q Narrower window makes sense vs stronger or lesser slow down. Now can you do it in firing range and make a video of the difference on a dummy?

If you have ever seen how the illegal cheats work that is how they work. The scale is a window size. So some cheaters that are pro level who want to avoid detection make the window really small so it helps just enough to give them an edge.
Message 8 of 10 (201 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Indeed it does but I don’t know if it’s actual narrower window tho. Only tested it for like 2-3 mins but it felt narrower. It might also be a hybrid thing that it’s the same window but the outer part tugs less than the more inner part.

I need more testing but will likely do so in S10... I didn’t even want to play today’s event.... but more packs means more packs which means more packs which mean that if I make an unboxing vid I can make it 20+ mins cause looking at seer already tells me I’m not opening the packs in the next season... ^.^ so it’s either this season or one of the upcoming after S10 xD
Message 9 of 10 (193 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q 

Io_Anger_standard2.jpg

Message 10 of 10 (188 Views)