★★★ Pro
@hayhor

Good info, thx
Message 11 of 14 (159 Views)

Re: Arena abandon penalty

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Alphabets

My gripe with the game is the following. I like the movement, how the game plays mechanically. I think it is very satisfying.
Unfortunately it is a hero based game, so it will never be balanced. A legend will always either be a bit better, or never good enough.
Also, they keep pushing a meta over another one. Once guns are balanced, why pressuring players to use/not to use a specific gun?

And after all, I just end up where I started. The game caters to the casual player. Aims at selling skins, offers great mechanics, but is poorly implemented if your interests are more than just "skin" deep.
Ranked has no demotion. Some cheaters cannot be banned. SBMM is not really skill based unless speed of match is a skill. Fixes that should have happened from the get-go, like hitboxes, are made in season 8/9, when everyone has adjusted to those changes (I guess everyone has the heirloom, and all skins for wraith, at least the majority must do so the character is non profitable anymore).

I think that IF I'm gonna play Apex, then I better know that it is a casual game, and just not expect anything if I queue solo, because the quality of my random team mates is more likely to be on average the casual player who quits when he's down, or just spends an abnormal amount of time looting, cannot hit the broadside of a barn, cannot provide you with cover fire even if you are asking for itr, or put a bubble on you when you are self reviving, etc. etc. etc. (not even considering timing a push, when to push, when disengage, positioning etc). But when I get the right team mates, approximately 3.5/4% of the times at best, I have fun getting towards the end of the match.

I have a solution for all the above, which is becoming so good at Apex as to be able to carry the UN-CARRY-ABLE to the last circle as often as humanly possible.
Unfortunately so far, I have not discovered how to transcend to a better version of myself --gaming wise.

Message 12 of 14 (151 Views)

★★★ Pro
@HopesKunai It’s a nice positive thinking, and I respect that you want to improve; however, I still think since it’s a team game and there is no “solo mode” (unless you want to play solo agains teams of 3) and since matchmaking is all based on the algorithms, it’s logical to expect to get similar skilled teammates and also look for methods to keep teammates to play as a team instead of leaving. We have players/streamers who get to masters from bronze just alone, without depending on a team, but that is their life or job, they play 24/7
Message 13 of 14 (136 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Alphabets

I completely agree that MM should be improved also in PUBS.
I have read posts of players who claim that upon reaching a certain rank, also their pubs are too hard, because they claim to be pitted against pred and masters every single pub they play.
They petition for an easier time in pubs.

But I agree with you, mm is not working too well. It is optimized for speed.
Message 14 of 14 (133 Views)