Re: Arena Cheater

by LordloshBang

Original Post

Arena Cheater

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

cheater are common i know i know but arena mode is especially hard to catch one because we don't have a final kill cam or what ever tool we need to see the gameplay from their perspective. i hope respawn consider this problem as this is my new favorite thing and  i don't want it ruined because the same problem year ago. also match result screen where you can report all player is much needed.

Message 1 of 27 (1,672 Views)

★★★ Pro
@_EXCALI13URN_ What made the person a cheater? Did you manage to get a clip of this at all?

If you suspect someone is cheating, its always good to report that player and then if you can get some footage it makes your case even stronger.

There is no room for cheaters in this game at all!
Message 2 of 27 (1,631 Views)

★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 Good ideas but EA doesn't care. The game is still profitable with cheaters so why bother banning them?
Message 3 of 27 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PraetorOfOlea Cheaters are banned all the time. I've personally seen hundreds if not thousands of bans, and Hideouts recently said that he has banned around 17k. 

https://twitter.com/RSPN_Hideouts/status/1389385559043231744

Nobody is pretending there's no cheating in the game, but it's not right to say that we don't take any action or that we don't care.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 27 (1,589 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_David i`m catching you for the second time on this topic. How is banning someone on a free game actually do anything? He is back in the next 5 minutes on a new acc.
There is thousands of forums and youtube channel/videos with cheating, and nothing is really done for this.
And don't get me wrong, its not just Apex, its on any fps game, and its getting worst and worst, thats why Devs need to take way more action, and actually start pursuing the company/Devs that make the cheat. At the end of the day they are altering your game, breaking rules, as well as squeezing money out of your product, so lawsuit shouldn`t be that hard.
If all Devs start doing this, the cheater population will be exterminated.
Just hit 2-3 cheat company/Devs and most of them will stop doing what they are doing.
Message 5 of 27 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LordloshBang  Well what do you suggest that hasn't already been thought of lol? Any form of secondary authentication to "prevent" multiple accounts being created can be bypassed.

Adding a price tag to the game would cause a huge amount of controversy at this point, plus respawn would have to rethink their whole business model so that's not a viable option.

Literally all they can do is fight against the tide. Even filing lawsuits against cheat sellers wouldn't work as others would spring up to take their place.

It's literally a no win situation. If the issue was so easily solved it would have been by now.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 27 (1,550 Views)

★★ Guide

for every anticheat a new cheat will rise.

its actualy a cat and mouse game realy.

yes there are cheaters and yes that sucks BIG time,

but its not just Apex, its every game and not just Fps games. (think of a game) cheats exist...

i think its not as bad as it used to be, i used to encounter suspicious people all the time, now only every now and then.

i agree with @LordloshBang its impossible to think of something that has not already been done.

its a game the whole world can connect to so there are open (hackable) doors all over the place. way to hard to block all at once. it has to be pinpointed exacty.

thats where your report buttom comes in play, use it wise Don't abuse it. not everyne that kills you is a aimbotter Standard smile

Message 7 of 27 (1,512 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag i disagree completely, and i answered to you with a long post, but EA just keep deleting it. No sense to even try more, that tells you the whole story.
Message 8 of 27 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LordloshBang  OK lol, you're well within your rights to disagree with me, however if your solution was so easy we wouldn't be having this discussion to start with. Standard smile

As for your missing post...the system might be marking it as spam....it gets a little weird sometimes.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 27 (1,471 Views)

★★ Guide
@LordloshBang posts are deleted only when using faul language or spreading desinformation.. but as a pro forum user you already that.
Message 10 of 27 (1,467 Views)