Are you people allergic to squadplay?

by AhoyDrogon

Original Post

Are you people allergic to squadplay?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is getting ridiculous now. EVERY game I have had this last week has involved the exact same thing over and over again and that one thing is one person running off into the distance without any warning or communication as to them do it... Not one game has involved a squad that actually keeps in a ground with spacing. What is it? Why is this? WTF is wrong with you people?! Are you allergic to actually playing this game properly? 

It does matter the level of the people (which, btw, has been consistently <20 this week where as I am level 40), there is always one that runs off...WHY?

I could understand it if it was to do with scouting a location or something but NO! You run to a place, loot literally EVERYTHING and then run off to the next place where, consistently, you die and then quit the game because we couldn't back you up! What the hell people! 

These people are also guilty of trolling as I ask occasionally if they are going to run off, they say "no" and they do that exact thing over and over again and then scream bloody murder when they get killed with 0 chance of getting support .

The concept of squad play is lost to 90% of the current playerbase .

GET YOU * ACTS TOGETHER!

Message 1 of 10 (387 Views)

Re: Are you people allergic to squadplay?

★★★ Guide
It's the internet and teamwork is unheard of.
Message 2 of 10 (370 Views)

★ Guide

I would stay with you two guys but you ransack everything and never consider the player who actually dropped at the marked location.

While I search a building and come out to find you guys ran to the opposite side of town, and I still havent found a gun besides maybe a 2020.

So I have two choices:

1. Run through the completely loot barren town in a vain attempt to catch up to you guys as you already ransacking the next town which will be stripped bare by the time I get there.

2. Go to the town beside where you havent looted absolutely everything yet and maybe find a usable weapon.

Every single time I am choosing #2 now, too many games I run for 5 minutes with zero weapons trying to catch my sprinting greedy team mates only for them to die before I get there and I face off against a full squad with MAYBE a grenade in my hand.

If you want team mates to stick with you stop being super greedy, land, grab 1 gun and ping the next gun for your team mate, if you ping good loot they will come running, u cant steal everything and expect team mates to play nice when u wont even  share your toys.

What stops you from following this player who runs off?  How are you less guilty then them?  By not following them U are the problem just as much as them not following you.

I for one run to loot, and always consider my team mates, I always ping good loot and use coms, I even ping containers for them to open in areas I will be heading to so they know I'm not a trash loot hog like 99% of players in this game.

Basically look in the mirror before you condemn us, we just want a fighting chance of getting something that isnt your horrid scraps.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 10 (343 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I agree with philly.

I've even seen people not mark anything on the map and then jump leader marks something nothing too far away there be one guy missing when we launch. then he Expects us to travel back into the storm to get his banner, sorry to tell you buddy not going to happen. Or even the guy that won't hold up/ wait up for his team and runs into the enemy single handedly and die in 3 secs. while the rest of the squad if finding armor, weapons and ammo.

Message 4 of 10 (326 Views)

★ Guide

The ping feature in this game is absolutely amazing but I feel like its made us even lazier and worse with communication. For some reason this game has made people into loot feens! It's the constant rush room to room and place to place scooping up everything insight with no regard for teammates. Plus the rushing away from teammates is a given every match. There is always that one person who drops with you and 30 seconds later he is in entire different section of the map. He pings an enemy and dies. Doesn't wait for your to attempt to grab his banner just yells that we suck and leaves the match. Out of 10 matches I'm lucky to find one squad worth playing with. At this rate its either group with friends or get use to the horrible matches with randoms. 

Message 5 of 10 (318 Views)

★★★ Guide
I never blindly run off on my own. Unless it's a pre-made duo that completely ignored any 3rd random. Than I do indeed solo Yolo all the way, and what ya know? I always last longer.

The irritation I usually have are caused by duos. They play a 3 player squad game but completely ignore the third player. Usigg discord and not the in game voice chat or ping system. Simply doing what they want, when they want it, literally expecting every random to blindly follow them where ever they go.

You always laugh when a solo dies when he's alone. But you also always rage when you're the ones who die first. And I will always reply saying : " sorry, you didn't communicate your strategy, had no idea where you were going to or what you were planning." and that gets to then even more, for its only than they realized what fools they were and being insecure as they are they reward your superior survival instinct with rage, racial slurs and tell me to perform certain activities with my mother, activities I can't describe without violating the code of conduct. But you get the idea.

But in all fairness if a random truly runs off all by himself, you're in your rights to fully ignore the player.

However solo jumping towards the next town for a better chance of gear is just silly and in my opinion it makes you come off as a player driven by greed rather than progression, fun and winning.

You can solo win, this is true, I've been there. It's just a lot easier when you're doing it with three players as intended by the developers.

Besides your point"there won't be any gear because you already picked everything up. "

You clearly have never played in my squad. I always drop a gun for a squad member when there aren't any around rendering them unarmed. I even drop my secondary weapon every time I call a squad member back in action. So you're wrong in that behalf.

You could also just ask them to give you a weapon, when there's nothing around, a little friendliness goes a long way.
Message 6 of 10 (315 Views)

★ Guide
Philip,

I agree, the whole duo on discord happens a lot. I'll get in a match start talking and will get no response. Usually after i get a couple kills and or revive I'll get them talk. Them giving me their 2 cents on the situation. I'm always like where were you 10 mins ago when i asked if you had mics? Common response we are on discord....
Message 7 of 10 (309 Views)

★★★ Novice

OP the game just came out a week ago.  Plus MM doesn't work yet.   Why as a noob am I being thrown in multimillion surprise hit game with vets who have a week headstart or just too good.  I'm a level 7 play trying to survive and pray I don't mess up.  And ya know what, I still do after day 2.  I'm hoping they get an MM system that puts players at the skill level they need to be because right now I feel the skill gap is too wide.

Message 8 of 10 (306 Views)

Community Manager

Random players that you play with that go off to do their own thing can be disappointing at times when you really want to win or just play as a team. Respawn will always monitor player behavior and community feedback like this to drive more team based gameplay, but when you're grouping up with random players in all sorts of different games out there in the world you tend to see this here and there. Personally, if I start to notice another player breaking off from the group I feel like the best option is to follow them. Let them take lead and back them up. Use that ping system so you're both on the same page and thank them when you can for using teamwork.

We have a looking for squad forum that you might want to check out. Remember, you get that bogus for grouping with friends too. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

Great feedback though! We notice some similar discussions showing up so we'll make sure the devs know how everyone feels around this.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (246 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Random players that you play with that go off to do their own thing can be disappointing at times when you really want to win or just play as a team. Respawn will always monitor player behavior and community feedback like this to drive more team based gameplay, but when you're grouping up with random players in all sorts of different games out there in the world you tend to see this here and there. Personally, if I start to notice another player breaking off from the group I feel like the best option is to follow them. Let them take lead and back them up. Use that ping system so you're both on the same page and thank them when you can for using teamwork.

We have a looking for squad forum that you might want to check out. Remember, you get that bogus for grouping with friends too. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

Great feedback though! We notice some similar discussions showing up so we'll make sure the devs know how everyone feels around this.

Please no knee * reactions though. Slight tweaks and refinements are needed in some areas but this game is providing me with so much fun that I have not had in the FPS genre for years.

This game has attracted interest from other FPS titles and as such, some players come to Apex thinking they can play it like Cod and then cry when they can't. Apex is different imo and it should keep it's own identity.

Stick to your vision. I trust that more than anything.

Message 10 of 10 (235 Views)