Are you over 13 years old?

by AreYouShivering

Original Post

Are you over 13 years old?

★★★ Guide

Oh, Lord. Ask this question during matchmaking. Really, precious experience. I give 60% probability for the answer "why?". Thanks, EA.

Message 1 of 26 (686 Views)

Re: Are you over 13 years old?

Champion
@AreYouShivering Actually if people put in their proper birthdate, they cannot play until they are 13. EA follows the law on games like this online. The issue is people fake it.
Message 2 of 26 (661 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hayhor So convenient.
Message 3 of 26 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Makes me wonder how many kids lie & say they're 18 or play on someone else account just to play vertain games lol.
Message 4 of 26 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I suspect some players aren't even 13, judging by their voices when they speak on the mic. It truly feels like they are 8 or 9 and that's being generous. 

@Lord_Scorpion34 well I am 23 now but I would lie to you if I told you that I haven't been playing 16+ or 18+ games since I was 5. lol. Well I mean... games like Halo, CoD... yeah that. Just that. Totally... Tongue out

Message 5 of 26 (623 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 A lot. My son plays SW battlefront 2 on my account.
Message 6 of 26 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AcidicSoda44031 the most violent I got as a kid was Mortal Kombat & Street Fighter lol. I was already over 18 by the time I created my PSN so I didn't have to lie lol. I probably wouldn't let my kids be on mic unless they were playing with people they actually know.
Message 7 of 26 (562 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Lord_Scorpion34 yeah, same, along with the likes of Ninja Gaiden, GTA etc.

And for the mic, I... oh right I do not have kids. I never use it myself. And sometimes I just cannot understand what other people on it are even saying. I mean, they speak english, but... I just can't lol.
Message 8 of 26 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AcidicSoda44031 I don't have kids either but just hearing how some adults talk to kids on games I wouldn't want my kid to have a mic unless they were playing with other kids or family they know.
Message 9 of 26 (530 Views)

Champion

Most kids if not all lie about their age, assuming a parent or guardian doesn't set up their account.

It's basically always been the way lol. GTA is a great example....you hear a lot of pre pubescent  kids on that game....which considering its content is kinda worrying lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 26 (519 Views)