Re: Are you a fan of Solo mode?

by ajharris21

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Just tried it yesterday and didn't like it... teamplay removed makes the game just quite boring for me.

I don't need this mode to be removed if some other people are enjoying it but definitely not my thing! :D

Message 11 of 35 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Played it once before I got bored, just didn't feel as fun as squad (when you carry a team, or wipe 1-2 teams alone in one go). Solo was a bit too simple, and satisfaction from winning was kind of meh.

Message 12 of 35 (508 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im enjoying the mode at the moment, most times i solo que and end playing by myself most times. The only thing i didnt like was when i saw two opponents running together and it become a 2v1, 1000+ kills each of these guys had. So i don't understand the need for them two team up!

Message 13 of 35 (495 Views)

★ Guide

I don't mind if it wasn't that squad lobby is total garbage when you play with randoms

Message 14 of 35 (487 Views)

★ Guide

Solos isn't my cup of tea. I'm not saying remove it but I'd much prefer duos than solos, perhaps another event in the future?  just think they way the game is geared with abilities, the map, the storm, the loot (to name a few) solos is just meh.

IMO Kings Canyon is too large for solos. Is still just as easily traversible but without a team to back you up/watch your back you are too vulnerable. Some abilities do still hold their own mind you and the 'preffered' legends seem somewhat more varied but other abilities have no place. 

Message 15 of 35 (477 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Tried one match solo, got my top 5, done......if I wanted to play PUBG/Fortnite/any other DM game I would.....

Message 16 of 35 (465 Views)

Champion

I'm enjoying solo's but it's definitely a different dynamic, gonna put this in a list of positives and negatives.

Positives -

- Better loot overall due to less clutter and more available loot for one person

- Easier to get a 4-8 kill game on the regular

- More 1v1 fighting, allows you to practise that side of things

- No random teammates to worry about

- Player choice of where to land

- Ring highlighted at the start of the game to persuade people to drop in a certain area and increase opportunities for fights

- Ability to choose whatever legend you want

- Shorter more fast paced gameplay

- Actually feels quite balanced

Negatives - 

- More people playing defensively and camping to avoid being shot in the back

- I mean have you been shot in the back when you think you're being sneaky? Scares the living bejeezus out of you.

- No team support 

- Much harder to loot up after a fight

- Some legends lose some of their utility

- Harder to get high kill games due to how fast everyone gets eliminated by other people

I know I've probably missed some things but that's what I can think of right now. There doesn't seem to be too much of a callout for balance which I think is a good thing. I don't think the game should be changed too much specially for solo's, it's a fun thing that people can do when they're playing alone, and it's a good way to practise without letting your team-down. It seems Respawn are open to it being in the game full-time as well, which I was against before, but after playing both modes since I don't think it would change the game dynamic too much.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 17 of 35 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i beat a few pathfinders and a few wraiths in fair fights. got around 25 kills in 2 days, top 5 around 9 times. i run into the odd hacker with walls so i like to put up my fences and let them ignore me.

its quite fun, solo mode is. i much prefer it to team mode.

in a fight in the open ground with a reliable weapon like devotion i can usually win by using two weapons. not always though sometimes they have honey badger like armor.

i have so much more fun with solo than teams its not even funny. i only play as wattson and once as pathfinder for the money.

if theres a heaven i think the apex legends game would be like solo mode.

i lost in small spaces to peacemakers and shifty fighters, or third partied after a fight. i usually lose to pathfinders who have better weapons or are too hard too shoot, or to wraiths who catch me at a bad time;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtELJ4KG96w

Message 18 of 35 (456 Views)

★ Pro

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@Jem450R wrote:

Pretty much eliminates what this game was designed around, which is a team of legends working together, feels like any other deathmatch mode in any other game. Hope they do away with it

Why? Nobody is forcing you to play solo's why would you want to take away the game mode i enjoy?

What exactly did you lose from solo's being added?

I lost their focus on the core game, too busy adding modes etc to fix day 1 problems. Now theres 3 game modes, one that is not anywhere near what the game was designed around. They said from day one no solo etc. They tried it to appease people but at the end of the day, the game is designed around being a team game, with the legends working together... just because half of you cant make friends doesn't mean they should make another mode, and have to put resources into it... 

Message 19 of 35 (436 Views)

★ Guide

@DarkphoenixRise wrote:

I'm curious to see if people are a fan of Solo mode or not. Tell me about your experience with this mode

Personally I really didn't want it. I didn't mind but I didn't want the player base being dived up and I didn't think I'd enjoy it. I was very wrong. My first game was an absolute thrill. Running around on my own, I was very nervous. I really enjoyed it though. I have gone straight back to squads but I'll definitely be giving it another go. 

Message 20 of 35 (428 Views)